What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Photo outline needed for "in loving memory" sticker

V8haha

Good afternoon everyone! I hope someone is willing to help me out with this time sensitive request.

My best friend passed away in an automobile accident due to a medical issue on October 23rd (he was 36), and I am going to have stickers made to apply to our vehicles, but I need to provide my vinyl cutter with the design. His memorial is this Saturday the 11th (it's the 9th).

I am hoping it will be pretty simple, but without the right tool, and your skill, I can't make it work. I can add the wording and everything later, I just need this image adjusted.

Attached is a picture of my friend, and I would like to have his outline lined out so that it can be cut in vinyl. I would like to include his left arm including his hand and the beer glass, up over his shoulders, his face/head, and down the other arm. I would like it to be cut in a straight line from his left elbow straight across. I would also like to outline his facial features, the glasses, nose, and facial hair.

I attached a horrible example of what I'm looking for (sorry he looks like a thirsty gorilla). The background can be black and the lines can be white. Keep in mind on thickness it'll be cut in vinyl to be seen from a distance, but a uniform line size is ideal. I also attached a sticker with something similar feel wise to the outline idea, where it uses the black of the window as the background.

Thank you all in advance for your help on this.

Curt

Attachments

• SteveBeer.jpg
    SteveBeer.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 5
  • outline.png
    outline.png
    7 KB · Views: 5
  • caroutline.JPG
    caroutline.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi Curt and welcome to PSG

Firstly sorry to hear about your friend

Is this something like you're looking for

SteveBeer.png

Last edited:
Gedstar,

Thank you for jumping on this so quickly. It's definitely on the right track. Could you clean it up make outline thicker, and delete the "noise" from the open spaces? Vinyl won't be that precise.

I found another image that is what I'm looking for.

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• Outline2.JPG
    Outline2.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
OK leave it with me, have to go and do some stuff, will get back to it in a little while, do you want it to look like the new image you attached white outline with black BG?

Hi Curt

I started to look at this with a different approach. If you are happy with the approach that @gedstar is using I will stop. If you are interested I will carry on.

This is where I am at at the moment.

I seriously wont be offended if you want me to stop.

SteveBeer2.jpg

I echo @gedstar with my condolences.

Cheers

John

Thank you both very much. Fredfish I like the direction you're going, I think it would work great for cutting out.

Thank you both very much. Fredfish I like the direction you're going, I think it would work great for cutting out.

OK give me a little while and I will carry on.

Cheers

John

Hey John

By all means carry on, I misread the original post, I think your on the right track

Gedstar, I appreciate your effort, and I think we were going to get a good result, but I do believe John has the right idea for my needs.

This is where I am at at the moment. Happy to do alterations if you want.

SteveBeer.png
Cheers

John

Gimmie a few minutes.

Cheers

John

That is amazing, and perfect. Thank you thank you thank you! I will return with an image of the complete project and it installed on some vehicles.

I am not sure what is missing - let me know and I will attach.

Cheers

John

NP glad you are happy.

Cheers

John

Back