What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Template Question

gioua

I am trying to figure something out..

I have made a psd template (where you can drag and drop in a photo) and I want one of the photo areas to be able to change whatever photo is drop in the photo areas to change the photo to bw sepia or whatever photo effect can be done. I dont want to make an action I just want to add a hue-sat type layer to that particular photo area and allowing the ohter photo areas to have a different effect.

I would think it would be possible to make an action based on that particular area via a selection layer but I dont want to have to run 3-4 actions on file or to have to creat one action that would run on all the photo areas.

Couldn't you just mask off the hue and saturation layer outside of your sepia area?

Make youre hue/sat layer, but then apply a layer mask to that particular adjustment layer so that it's only being applied to the area you want.

Simple example:

Make a rectangular frame. Make a selection based on that frame area. Click the add layer mask button in the layers palette. This will create a mask with the exact shape of the selection that you made. This allows you to hide effects from other layers.

Gvie it a shot. It will make more sense once you try it.

Back