What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photohop grid pattern looks bad after exporting

jitruzakno

I created a grid pattern myself but when I exported it the color was not consistent, looks like blurry. How can I fix it the problem.

Untitled-10.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This sample looks fine. Can you post the version in which you think is blurry and inconsistent?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is the blurring only happening when you export as a PNG?

The good news is that the color is consistent everywhere.

R: 14
G: 210
B: 38

Screen Shot 2022-12-20 at 4.18.40 PM.png

jitruzakno

Is the blurring only happening when you export as a PNG?

The good news is that the color is consistent everywhere.

R: 14
G: 210
B: 38

View attachment 134356
I have created in photoshop a document 1920pxx1080px and problem is that in my PC when I open the img file no matter what it is png or jpg, it looks blurry but when I zoom everything looks fine. Don't know why it looks blurry when I open the img in pc.

thebestcpu

Guru
There are three factors involved here.
1) If you are viewing at sub 100% magnification, grphics card / monitor has to downsample the image with the adjacent bit contents. This makes a big difference when the grid is 1 pixel wide (as in your case)
2) The eye perceives sharp edges the best with high contrast colors. I you use black grid at 100% viewing I bet it will look crisp to you.
3) If you use lossless compression it will degrade the sharpness sightly depending on compression quality seeing yet this would be less of a factor that the above two factors

Hope this helps
John Wheeler