What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop 7 closes when searching for a file to open

Lynny

Photoshop has just started disappearing for what seems like no reason, it doesn't ask you if you want to save what you have changed or anything, it just closes without warning.

It happens when I'm looking for a graphic to open, click on the graphic after going into folder inside another folder, inside another folder, anyway click on the graphic and everything disappears and photoshop is closed.

Oh one other thing it always seems to happen when I'm looking on the second harddrive. And we recently upgraded from a duron to an athalon, but everything seemed to be ok for a couple of weeks.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Lynny

Erik

Guru
To be shure it is Photoshop: try copying your file to the clipboard, and then open new doc (will have the correct size) and paste.

Lynny

I didn't explain it properly, it isn't one particular graphic, it's any graphic, it doesn't happen every time, but say three out of five times. And always it seems when I haven't saved what I have done.... but maybe cause I'm not good at saving.

Lynny

Tron

Guru
Lynny;

Not sure if it will help but sometimes just trashing you preferences file and letting PS create a new one will sove many of the little glitches tha PS aquires over time

Rick