What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop 7 One Click WOW! Will it work with Photoshop CS?

Cloak amp; Dagger

I presently have Photoshop 7, and I am sure you realize that I have Photoshop 7 One Click WOW! :}

What I would like to know is, will my One Click WOW! be compatible with Photoshop CS? I would hate to be forced to go and buy One Click WOW! again, just because I upgraded my Photoshop. :{

Cloak & Dagger, unless I'm badly mistaken, PS Wow 7 will work with PS CS. Traditionally, Adobe is backwards compatible, but not forward compatible (like many apps). So, what you can do in PS 7 will also work in CS, but not the other way around. In other words, brushes, styles, etc. may not work if they're developed in CS, but those same things developed in 7 will work in CS. (Unless, of course, Adobe decided differently).

And, some things don't change. Selections, channels, color correction, etc. may improve with a higher version, but the principles are the same.

Here's a resource you should check out...it's free from NAPP: http://photoshopuser.com/photoshopcs.html

What the heck IS "One Click WOW!"...? Never heard of it... Something to do with the Photoshop WOW! book series? [stuned]

AppleCider,

That is what I was hoping you would say. :perfect:

Lee and theKeeper the book Photoshop 7 One Click WOW! is by Jack Davis. It is a larger set of layer styles, patterns, gradients, etc. than what is found in the Photoshop 7 WOW! Book.

Mark,

Photoshop 7 One Click Wow is a small book, almost a booklet by Jack Davis and Linnea Dayton which is notable and valuable for the CD which includes more than 800 Styles, Brushes, Tool Presets, Patterns, Gradients, and actions. You can get it on Amazon.com for about $10 (US) less than the list price of $30. For you this would be a yawner, I suspect. For me, I got the one for PS 6 and it both gave me a great start at using styles because the styles stash is the best single resource I've ever encountered and it taught me how to deconstruct styles and learn to create them by doing. I personally think the book is a great resource for anyone below expert status in PS and highly recommend it.

To answer the original question, yes, all the presets will be valuable in PS CS.

Cheers!

Back