What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop 7 question

Hi Evil Nemesis. Editable type on a path wasn't incorporated into Photoshop until Photosop CS, I believe. In PS7 and earlier I was using either Illustrator and importing it into Photoshop or Vertigo 3D's HotTEXT plugin which is no longer in development and therefore of doubtful value.

Hi Guys I am back (again ;\)

I think you can type in paths in ps7... but I am not 100% sure \:/
I will go and find out ;)

p.s. you shood try downloading the trial version of CS2 ITS TOTALLY AWSOME MAN!!! [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty]

Text on a path is not an option with PS7. However there is a plugin for mac only. I forget the name but you can google it [photoshop text on a path] Text on a path in CS isn't worth the effort It doesn't align properly all of the time. I don't know if they fixed the issue with CS2. I think copying from Illustrator is the best way anyway

yeah ronmatt I learned that one the hard way :{...but I really never use type paths that much.
usually I will do it some hard and painful way that I probably could have done easily with paths. 8}

Red Rooster said:
p.s. you shood try downloading the trial version of CS2 ITS TOTALLY AWSOME MAN!!! [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty] [honesty]

Heheheh, I already have ps cs2 Full version , but ps 7 is in my office. that's why I was asking. that's it

Yes, the new features are nice, but 'cool sweet awsome' new features doesn't mean one can create a work of art. I can do more in PS7 than some people could do CS2.

p?tr??k said:
I can do more in PS7 than some people could do CS2.

Now, now p?tr??k, let's not get too cocky. ;)

I'm with patrick. I use PS7 exclusively. I've got cs on disk. loaded it, took it off. I'm a 7 freak. There isn't much that I can't accomplish with 7 and no features in cs or cs2 worth the money, unless you're a photographer

Back