What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Actions Photoshop Actions for Enhancing Color

Yutosi

Power User
Recently found this very cool set of Photoshop actions for enhancing color in photos and images.

There's a whole range of them:

Levels Boost
Color Boost
Light Boost
Dark Boost
Contrast Boost
Curves Boost
Soft Light
Screen
Glowy
Sharpened

Preview Images:
g6KUu.jpg

Download

Cool on itouch butwill download soon thanks

Thanks Yutosi,

I have a few questions that will show how new I am to Photoshop. I'm guessing if I download the file from the link above and somehow integrate it with my Photoshop program (CS4) I will be able to replicate the same kind of enhancements that are displayed in the photos above?

I downloaded the file and saved it to my hardrive. Now how do I go about integrating those actions into my program? I have PS open and under the windows tab I can see Actions but I don't know how to add the new Actions to the default Actions provided by PS.

If anyone can help me I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 148

>window>Actions> click triangle where you see button mode, it's under that drop down windowthen you'll see the drop down load actions.follow the lead

Think of the action files as presets of "recorded" steps that someone saved in Photoshop. You can load them into your Photoshop and then "play" then to add the effects to your own images.

You can also record your own, and save them to action files to share with others or transfer to other computers, or just to keep them organized on your computer.

The same is true for gradients, brushes, shapes, and layer styles.... so there's plenty of cool things to share :)

Last edited:
Thanks Tron,

That is a helpful description of actions. Very clear.

I successfullly loaded the Actions posted above. Now I'm wondering how you guys organize all your Actions, Brushes, etc. Do you load them all into Photoshop? Or do you keep them in a separate folder on your hard drive and then load them when you need them? I'm guessing it would be nice to have groups of favorites in PS in folders like the one that Yutosi shared above.

I also found the way to load the brushes. Can they go in folders too? Not sure about the gradients but that sounds like fun. Gradients are one of my favorite design tools in Photoshop.

Thanks again for the help!

Organizing actions and brushes comes down to personal choice and how many brushes or actions you have. I personally have a lot and would not want them all loaded when I am not using them because it would really clutter up my interface. There are some that I use all the time and I keep those loaded, the rest I save in organized folders on my computer.

Google "photoshop actions".
There are thousands of sites with actions and tutorials - some free some inexpensive, some expensive - you take your pick.

Back