What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop and Illustrator integration problem...

samifox

Hi

Long time no see?hope you miss me because I did. 8}

I?m working with Photoshop and Illustrator. I want to use Ps for raster image adjustment and illustrator for vector shapes.

I?m using Photoshop ME for writing Hebrew.

The problem of integrating those great applications is the text. I create my Hebrew text in Ps and when I open it in Illustrator it rasterized the text so its not editable any more when I back to Photoshop. I cant write the text in Illustrator because its not support Hebrew.

Is there any solution or that?

Thanks

Shay

Hey Samifox, nice to see you again. [excited]

Well if Illustrator doesn't support Hebrew Samifox then i'd assume you would not be able to import it directly in from PS... otherwise, you'd just be able to type it right in Illustrator in the first place... right?

However... when Illustrator comes across a font it can't find/use, it usually doesn't Rasterize the imported type. It just Alerts! you about it and asks you to choose a substitute font instead.

Is there any "specific" reason you NEED the type to be opened in Illustrator Samifox? You do know that Photoshop's type is vector also, just like it is in Illustrator...?

Hi

Is there any "specific" reason you NEED the type to be opened in Illustrator Samifox? You do know that Photoshop's type is vector also, just like it is in Illustrator...?

I planed to open the psd file in both IL and PS and make adjustments. i was thinking that Adobe can offord that.

From what you are saying Mark i cant open in the both apps. i only can copy paste..right?

Shay

Well it's not even so much a matter of C&P Samifox.
It would appaear that the only way you're going to get your type into AI is to let the program Rasterize it. But that defeats your purpose it would seem.

Are you sure you can't just work with it in PS?
Why exactly and what exactly are you doing to the type in AI?

Maybe an alternative can be worked out so you can stay in PS...?

Sanby, the other thing that I'm wondering is whether or not you are saving your PS work in an EPS format? Because, if you are, it's totally editable in Illustrator! [confused]

Back