What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photoshop black text?

Pauli

Hello everyone, I'm designed a business card for someone in Photoshop (I don't have a vector programme). I realise that the text isn't going to be absolutely perfect but at 8 or 9pt, that's ok. But, the cards will be printed as a very low run by a local litho printer, but on their digital machine. How do I ensure that the colour image stays cmyk in photoshop while making the vey fine text 100% black (and some of the text is a tint of black)? I'm probably going to send the printer a PDF. regards, Paul.

Hello John. Very decent of you to take the time to pop your guidance to me, thank you. Appreciated. I'll definitely do as you suggest re CMYK, as well as taking a look at the link you sent me.

Hello John. Very decent of you to take the time to pop your guidance to me, thank you. Appreciated. I'll definitely do as you suggest re CMYK, as well as taking a look at the link you sent me.
You are more than welcome, @Pauli. Hope that helps.

If you still have issues, there are a couple of options.
- the local printer, no doubt, is very familiar with your issue, and most are more than willing to help with specifics on getting the best image with their equipment.
- you can always ask more questions on this forum for more help from members.

John Wheeler

Yes, John, you are right, the local printers that I’ve approached are, and they’ve actually said I shouldn't worry, that I should save the file and send it to them, they handle this sort of thing all day with their prepress procedures, converting, adjusting, etc. But, probably like yourself, I'd like to take responsibility for my work and be as professional and as accurate as I can.
Once again, thank you for your interest and suggestions. It's appreciated.
Regards. Paul

Back