What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhotoShop bookshop UK site

Sark

Power User
Hi all.

Don't know if this is the right place to post, appologies if not, but with the runup to Xmas I thought this site would appeal to UK users.

It sells Computing books at great discounts, including a decent number dedicated to PS.

They also sell on ebay and occassionally sell for less than thier sites prices. They have 100% FB rating on over a 1000 sales so seem reliable. Have just ordered some myself.

Heres the link

www.pricecutbooks.co.uk

Sark

Not that I'm interested, but it's good site. I noticed Photoshop 7 Artistry 65% off, that's a great deal, but it all depends of course on how much you pay for overseas shipping.

JoeD

The Photoshop 7 Artistry book is the one I ordered for myself, although I bid for it on ebay. It cost me ?15.50 with P&P (half amazons price). I'm in the UK so shipping isn't a problem.

I listed the site because we generally pay much more for IT books in the UK than abroad. Although they are not listing the very latest tomes, their prices are considerably better than the UK Amazon if you're not running the very latest apps.

The PS 7 Artistry book arrived this morning and is really excellent. Have also just won the first volume of the Masters of Photoshop (for just ?10 total). More for inspiration than how too... Better than getting socks for Xmas :}

Sark

Sark said:
Although they are not listing the very latest tomes, their prices are considerably better than the UK Amazon if you're not running the very latest apps.
You know Sark, I paid $60 US for Photoshop Artistry 6 years ago. That's a lot of money. And you know what? I use Photoshop CS and I can't say that the book has lost it's value, even if it was written for Photoshop 6.

I also have 3 other books written for PS 6 and I can't say that they are useless either. You don't see me spending $60 again when I'm interested in a new book. But I must admit; the changes between PS 6 & CS are not as big as between PS 4 and 6.

I began on PS6 and am now running PS7. I only upgraded due to a few peculiarities with the Pen/Path tool.

Like you I have not noticed any huge differences. I have the PS6 WOW Book, which is both excellent and as relevent to PS7 as it was when running PS6. I certainly wouldn't get rid of it, even if I jumped to CS. For the same reason, I wasn't concerned that the Masters of Photoshop I've just recieved features work primarily created in PS6 and earlier.

All the core tools are now in Photoshop and I believe future versions will really just add to it in a way plug-ins add to the interface. Personally I'd rather choose what I needed myself, I certainly won't be uprading for a few versions yet....Just my opinion.

Sark

Back