What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CC questions

SlapShot

Hi , Wondering where I might go to read/ask questions about using the new Photoshop CC. Particularly if it can be used on 2 or more computers owned by the same person...as well as other topics...
Thanks..

Thanks...I tried there but there's no place to ask questions or interact with other users...

Are you a member of Adobe forums?

Hhmmmm... I thought I was, but I'm thinking NOT...I was at the corporate site that deal with sales...not the Forums site...glad you pointed that out...might you have that link ?...Thanks iDad

:rofl: small world, it is

I would be very tempted to get cs6 or stick with what you have for at least another year. Adobe has tried to come up with a cloud based package supposedly to be more affordable to more people, but in actual fact, unless you upgrade every year anyway, this is not cheaper, especially for us outside of the USA. There is much talk among people in the know, about Adobe maybe considering providing different options like doing a rent to buy kind of system, where after the year, you get to keep the software, but it no longer upgrades.

It's almost like they don't have enough faith that the new features are good enough to sell the product. The main new feature is an anti-shake filter, which won't be used by most professionals, as they usually use tripods to take pictures, So the only people who are going to use it is amateurs, who are going to find this very expensive to have as an amateur.

There are a lot of people whom have said that these changes are due to piracy, but don't get caught up in that hype. There will always be pirates who are able to crack the code used for these programs.

The point is that there is far too many people that are complaining about this for them not to do anything, 26,800 signatures of people opposed to what a petition describes as a “mandatory” subscription to continue accessing Adobe’s creative software were accumulated in a week, and with all new systems, there is going to be kinks. There isn't really a way for them to test it properly without releasing it like this as well, so you can think of this period as the Alpha test stage and I certainly wouldn't buy anything until after the Beta test stage. It's going to be another year at least before they can make and implement any of the changes to improve what they are offering.

Here's three people who are pretty big Photoshopers in the world of YouTube, talking about cc.
[video=youtube_share;5aiM9luLwkA]http://youtu.be/5aiM9luLwkA[/video]

Thanks, Mr. Magoo, for the response.. very enlightening !! Not sure where I'll end up with this but it certainly has become controversial ! Cheers...

I got the whole suite on their deal that ended for $19.95 a month. So far I have use of several hundred dollars worth of software that I did not have available to me. It also works very well. Use the application they sent, pick what you want to download and it does the rest. When an update comes available, it automatically updates. Heck the time savings is worth the $20 bucks.
Thanks, Mr. Magoo, for the response.. very enlightening !! Not sure where I'll end up with this but it certainly has become controversial ! Cheers...

Back