What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Cutting Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexusgen

I'm noticing that my Photoshop (I have 7 and CS2) on my pc (Vista) is acting up lately... Just last week I was making websites with curved edges by going into photshop and using:
SELECT-->>MODIFY-->>BORDER

but I've noticed that from time to time (because I don't know what causes it) Photoshop will some how change how it handles this function... sometimes when I use it it will normally just go ahead and select the area I told it to select and cut it out with a straight SHARP cut, but other times it does some funky stuff and instead makes a gradient that will not 100% cut off the selection, but instead just go and erase it in a gradient. so the edges are soft... which I really don't want the program to be doing of its own accord... because If i want that I usually just go through layer styles.

Here is a screen shot to better illustrate what I'm talking about:
smoothcuts2.gif
as you may notice... the selection on the left is all wrong... when I originally did that selection It was supposed to make a border that goes inward on the selection (as it usually does) and make a sharp cut... but for some reason its not doing it now... and I really need it because I'm heavily into web design atm.

Also If you want to see where I got the idea to approach making round edges this way look here:
Rounded Edges- Photoshop Tutorials- Depiction
and yeah I know that there are other ways to approach this in Photoshop but this way is so much quicker and i'd hate to have to lose this option.

Why not try to make another layer on top and make a round edged arc on top of the red corners. This way, it gives the illusion that the edges are round and you keep the red color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back