What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop displays image files radically wonky

WalterAlter

I recently reinstalled XP on my computer and installed Photoshop CS2. All went well for a week or so and then the colors started displaying radically incorrectly on any graphics file type I opened. My desktop colors are normal, only the graphics file within Photoshop displays incorrectly. The weird part is that Photoshop Elements displays the images correctly! and so does my image/thumbnail viewer, Irfan View. Also, I happened to open a PDF file in Acrobat and the image files in that document were also totally whack, like in Photoshop. by totally whack, I mean that blue displays as saturated magenta, Yellow displays as green, etc. I'm thinking there might be a corruption in something common to both Photoshop CS2 and Acrobat, but why Elements is not affected is a mystery. Does it handle color information differently than CS2 and Acrobat?

I've tried all the suggested solutions- tweaking the gamma, color profiles, reinstalling video drivers, lowering screen resolution and pixel depth. I also tried uninstalling CS2 and installed an copy of Photoshop 7 with no improvement. This leads me to believe that the problem is outside the installed Photoshop files, but common to Photoshop and Acrobat.

I cleaned the registry with Registry Mechanic. Nothing has worked. I have 512k of memory, a Diamond S85 128mb DDR Radeon 9250 AGP card installed. Previous to the Win XP install, Photoshop worked fine. Along with the fresh XP install, I installed some new programs, maybe there's a conflict...

Any suggestions will be most welcome,
Walter

Back