What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Features Photoshop Gurus New Forum Software - Report Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Migration to a new forum software has been completed.

PSG forums now run on XenForo, we are no longer using vBulletin.

We have done our best to migrate as much old content to the new software as possible, however you may notice some things missing such as old smilies, trophies/achievements and possibly other small details. The achievements will be coming back, and we'll do our best to update any old smilie code with the new smilies that was missed in the converesion.

If you notice any bugs, missing content, or other issues please report them here in this thread or by using the report function in affected posts.

Please bear with us as the digital dust settles.

Helios

Thanks Admin, it's all looking a but cleaner and more functional - I like that the preview post system doesn't load a whole new page anymore, for starters.

My initial thoughts after a quick browse around: I notice that images are now appearing as tiny thumbnails inline on posts, instead of the larger format we used to have. I actually preferred the larger images personally, as it allowed me to browse through a thread like a gallery and just click on ones where I wanted to see more detail. Now I can hardly see anything as I look down the thread and would have to click on every single one to see it larger.

The 'thank' function on posts has gone, I liked this too - I guess though that it isn't available with the new software?

And finally our ranks have all changed and I'm back to being a 'new member'. This doesn't really matter I know, but it doesn't feel accurate either! :p

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I notice that images are now appearing as tiny thumbnails inline on posts, instead of the larger format we used to have.

This has to do with the way the old images were imported. New image uploads will be full size by default. I'm not sure old images can be converted to full size or not, I'll look into it.

The 'thank' function on posts has gone, I liked this too - I guess though that it isn't available with the new software?

The 'Thanks' button is gone and won't be coming back in the foreseeable future, however I did run a script to convert all 'thanks received' numbers into 'Likes received' on user profiles.

We'll be adding a more comprehensive 'reactions' system later that will replace the current 'Like' button but will keep it's numbers. That will be down the road a little and not immediate.

And finally our ranks have all changed and I'm back to being a 'new member'. This doesn't really matter I know, but it doesn't feel accurate either! :p

This will be fixed.

Thanks for the feedback @Helios :cheers:

Pipsmom

Guru
Just a little niggle I think...I noticed when there is more than one page to view on a popular post there are no page numbers at the bottom and you have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to find page 2, 3, etc

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Just a little niggle I think...I noticed when there is more than one page to view on a popular post there are no page numbers at the bottom and you have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to find page 2, 3, etc

The lower pagination is located on the left side, just above the quick reply.

pagination.gif

Pipsmom

Guru
Oh for petes sake, I never have noticed it there and I was looking too.....I'm losing it guys :laugh: . Thanks for helping the senile old woman

Helios

Hey, it's a tiny thing, but I just spotted that the mouseover text on the Painting and Drawing forum refers to something that has had its name changed - the "show board" no longer appears.
I checked the others and also found that a link in the mouseover text for the General Photoshop Board doesn't lead anywhere. I think those are the only instances of out of date mouseover text, but I'll let you know if I spot any other eronious names in the forum info.

psg-update-needed.jpg

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, it's a tiny thing, but I just spotted that the mouseover text on the Painting and Drawing forum refers to something that has had its name changed - the "show board" no longer appears.
I checked the others and also found that a link in the mouseover text for the General Photoshop Board doesn't lead anywhere. I think those are the only instances of out of date mouseover text, but I'll let you know if I spot any other eronious names in the forum info.

Thank you! These have been corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.