What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop opens but won't do anything ?

fordguy1

hi guys, When I open Photoshop my current project loads but the cursor is a lot of little circles and they arn't moving it's like it's frozen.

Therefore I can't do anything, I have tried pushing the F key a few times but nothing, also used Task Manager to close photoshop and restarted it but to no avail.

Any help greatly appreciated

Rob

polarwoc

Guru
Hi Rob,
A screenshot would assist us in understanding the situation. One possiblity that before you closed PS, you selected a different paint brush - maybe a custom one like a Splash Effect brush - which is why you see the little circles where the cursor is supposed to be? Are you unable to select anything after loading PS?
When I open Photoshop my current project loads
So, you are able to open PS normally but you start having issues after you open a project?

fordguy1

Yes I can open photoshop no problems and my project is there but like I say the cursor is just little dots and it normally spins around until everything is ready , but it's just frozen too. I havn't really done anything to the project I am working on. So I can't think of anything I have done that would cause this too happen.

polarwoc

Guru
Please let us know if you are able to open a new document? If so, mention the size of the PSD file in your current project that is causing PS to be stuck? Also mention your system config?

polarwoc

Guru
Is PS program taking up too much of processing on Task Manager? Is it occupying a lot of memory? Is your work done on current project saved?

fordguy1

I have a few projects open and wonder if this is clogged PS up, if it is I can't close any projects as the cursor is unresponsive. I can move the cursor but that's all.

polarwoc

Guru
From what you describe, I surmise that a Hard Reboot could be the best way forward. To do this, press and hold the power button until the system reboots.

fordguy1

OK I will try that tomorrow and see what happens, Thank you for your help, much appreciated.