What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop shortcuts for Tablet

Macshopped

Evening folks ,Had to take a break from ps due to sore elbow joint, Mouse related i think .I decided to buy a cheap tablet to start off with ,I bought the Huion h610.
So far been using it for an hour i actualy prefer using this to the mouse if i can stop moving the bloody pen up and away from pad ,My brain still thinks im using a mouse.
It has buttons on the left ie cancel,erase,switch pen,zoom in /out brush size larger/smaller with another 1-16 custom key bars at the top[Hot pad layout] i have q,b,l,e,ctrl+z and v .
Thats the shortcut keys i have sussed out so far im certain im missing others to be mapped.
Im sure you photoshop experts know what the shortcut keys do above.
What my question is to you clued up people what else would you add to this selection so you dont have to mess about with the keyboard at all.
Cheers.

well I dont know what your typical work flow is brush resize is there already so the only other options I would add if it was me

would be
D to reset colors back to black and white when using brush and X so you can switch from foreground color to background. The rest is pretty much down to what your workflow is and what tools, shortcuts you use often.

I always run my tablet in Pen mode. The custom shortcuts Ive added to my tablet are:

X key (keystroke) - changes foreground and background.

Alt/Option key (modifier key) - allows me to sample colors when using the brush tool.

The lower portion of the rocker arm of the pen is set to Pan/Scroll. This allows me to move around a zoomed image quickly.

Back