What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Sizing

wallawizard

Hi, I'm fairly new to Photoshop and am trying to save a file to be an exact size so it can be sent to a newspaper for print. Due to it being for print, my file is required to be over a certain resolution. However, when I save the file at canvas size 156mm x 137 mm at a resolution of 500px and then reopen in photoshop, the file dimensions have changed due to the file resolution that has been set. (changing now to 1083mm x 951mm with a resolution of 72).

Is there a way to prevent this or does it even matter?

Thanks

Hello,
my guess is it does not matter, but the best way would be to ask the newspaper, since they know exactly what they will do with the file.
Cheers,
Peter

Thanks. the only issue i'm having with that is that it automatically resizes the image size to match the resolution.

Some have to SHOUT to be heard, while most of us talk and are listened to.

Back