What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop suggestions thread

iDad

Guru
I just happened to think of this while reading another thread about PHOTOSHOP UPGRADES AND NEW RELEASES
As I was using text and trying to figure out what would look best for something I'm working on.I was constantly going from my font app back to photoshop to try it.
Why doesnt photoshop change or put a window to change text samples All I can find with the drop down for text is it says "Sample" can we change that? to read what we want? I do not see a way but it sure would be nice.
hint hint Adobe!
any other things you guys would like to see? as an upgrade?:cheesygrin:

That would be nice. I can't seem to find anything at the moment but there are a couple of things you can try:

Hi-light your text and then select the font selection box, use the arrow keys and the text changes to the font you are currently on.

If the font sample is a bit to small for you to read. Click Edit > Preferences > Type and change the font preview size.

yeah I know those tricks, thanks but I would like to be able to put other letters in place of "Sample"

if enough ask it wouldnt be.

Oh! Let sleeping dogs lie...:cheesygrin:

This font menu caused HUGE problems for Adobe in the past. There was this evasive memory leak error, which they chased for a year or so! Some Adobe top guns even resolved to personally visiting user homes to pinpoint the bastard!:cheesygrin:

As for subject there are lots of online and standalone apps showing the text in different fonts.

Changing font with arrow keys IMHO works great.

Back