What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop to MS Word Doc

Landia

Hello, I need help converting a photoshop file to MS Word doc. Is there a way to do it? I have a resume in photoshop file and want it to convert MS Word doc so I can edit all texts.

I have attached the original resume in photoshop psd file.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• resume.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 7

ushere

this is not meant offensively...

are you serious?

a. why even create a cv in photoshop in the first place?

b. expect people to download and open a zip file from a first time post?

Landia

I found the resume template online but trying to see if there is a way to convert to MS word for editing.

In photoshop, there is no option to export psd file to MS word. I find it strange in the year 2019, Adobe can't find a simple way to import or export files to MS word.

ushere

ok....

you can always edit it in ps?

how do you intend sending it out; jpg, doc, other?

polarwoc

Guru
In photoshop, there is no option to export psd file to MS word. I find it strange in the year 2019, Adobe can't find a simple way to import or export files to MS word.
Not being able to convert a PSD into a Docx is probably not a limitation of PS. For example, you have the 'Skills' section of the Resume where you have bars for each performance metric. How do you think you are going to make changes on that in MS Word? Aligning the picture is a hassle in MS Word. In short, that resume is engineered to work in PS.

If you are able to open the document in PS, use the Pen tool to make changes in the text anywhere, use the Move tool to make changes in photo. After you are done, save the document as a PDF. PDFs are accepted as a file format alternative to Docx.