What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop to Publisher

Hmmm...Does the image have to be flattened or not? For what I am working on now, it can't be flattened. But it has to be compatible with publisher. The client also wants to be able to change the text if necessary, but does not have Photoshop (or any graphics programs). Is this even possible?

Just save as jpg or png it will flatten itself up nothing else to do. Then include it in Publisher;-)

Ms Publisher as the first post mention. *.pub are what printers in Europe use mainly (at least here);-)

You can layer things in Publisher. Just be sure that images are saved as pngs with transparency. Save each layer that you need to move around or whatever as a separate doc and as a png. Just make sure they're lined up/justified. Don't rasterize text. However, he'll probably have to use the text program inside Publisher -- there are a lot of fonts available -- or have you redo it in Photoshop. There are word art styles, not as flexible as using pen tool in PS, but there's a fair choice and you can edit format; change color design of the shape and so forth.

Attachments

• PublisherEg.PNG
    PublisherEg.PNG
    249.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Ms Publisher as the first post mention. *.pub are what printers in Europe use mainly (at least here);-)

Not here, (Sweden) here they use Indesign and sometimes Quark Xpress, and Pagemaker. Publisher is mostely used by small businesses and home desktop publishing. :)

Last edited:
Thanks.
I think my question was a bit vague, but you seem to get it :)
The client is not very computer savvy, as she is always complaining, and Publisher is all she has to work with, and I am guessing she wants to be able to change text if she needs to, without asking me to re-do something. Thanks!

Back