What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PHOTOSHOP to WEB

jadoiron

Is there a way to export layers (text and graphic) in Photoshop to an html or web editor like Frontpage or Dreamweaver? I created a page in photoshop and would like to preserve the text layers as text on a website and the graphics layers as simple jpeg images.

Thanks a mil!!!!

Justin

I've never heard of such a thing in all my years as a webdesigner.
Sounds to me like you might want to learn more about Dreamweaver...

;)

The most popular language used to publish documents on the Web is still HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). HTML isn?t really a computer programming language, so relax. It is, as its name suggests, a markup language. A series of relatively simple tags enables you to specify how text appears in the browser, images, and links to other sites. HTML isn?t difficult to learn, but you really don?t need to. (If you decide to get into it, look for Sams Teach Yourself HTML and XHTML in 24 Hours. It?s an excellent reference.)

LCD TV Compra frigoriferi

If what your referring too is available, it can be very dangerous. Web development applications like Dreamweaver and Frontpage use specifc fonts that are readily available. Any font that you'd like to use that is not readily available, you should convert to an image.

Ex. Calibri is the font that MS uses in all its 2007 applications. Word, Excel, etc. The font is not that new, however is only becoming common due to MS. If you were to create a page with Calibri font in it. A majority of people would not beable to see it, or there viewer would convert it to something else that you can't control.

Mars wrote --"I've never heard of such a thing in all my years as a webdesigner. Sounds to me like you might want to learn more about Dreamweaver..."

Actually that was extremely popular back in lets see 2000, 2001 and 2002. You built the design in Fireworks, sliced where you wanted the image portions to be and then exported HTML to Dreamweaver (an HTML editing app) - pretty much that was phased out because the code produced when you slice and export to dreamweaver isn't the cleanest and prettiest code.

Hmm, I'll launch CS4 Fireworks and see if it still has that option...
Yup - gold star - you can do exactly what you mentioned from Fireworks CS4. (not that you necessarily should..)

You can use Image Ready which comes with Photoshop to slice and dice the images but here is how I do it...(which is easier)

First I build the webpage just how I want it - links and everything. Parts that will have to be 'turned off' before export (don't want faux links in there after all) those all go into a folder labeled 'turn me off'

So you have your file exactly the way you want it - back it up.

Good now take the select tool - select say your banner go >EDIT > Copy MERGED

Then in Photoshop go to export for web.

Usually I go back and select inverse to grab the rest of the page. Basically you export the individual layers.

Okay then for the web use a free program like Kom****r or something slicker like Dreamweaver. Grab a good book on web design and build the page.

There are a lot of sites out there for designers that are, "You build the page in Photoshop - we'll mark it up into HTML" there are also like a million freelancers out there who will do it for a relatively modest fee.

Cheers - 7

Back