What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Training by CD's

Lee

Guru
There is a company called Total Training (totaltraining.com/store). They offer a "complete" training program for PS7. The retail price is $249 which includes 8 DVD's and 1 CD - a total of 26 hours of training. I have seen some of their tutorials for individual subjects and they were excellent. By contrast, a complete course at the local CompUSA here in Phoenix is almost $750.

Before I drop $250 big ones, however, has anyone here either tried this program or know anyone who has? Being able to watch the instructor on my monitor actually go through the steps using PS7 to accomplish something was SO much easier and quicker then what I'm doing now...spending a lot of money on books and pulling my hair out. :(

I'm obviously trying to cut my learning curve down - even if it means spending a few extra dollars. I just don't want to throw any more money down the drain.

Any advise will, as always, be appreciated. Thanks.

Lee

PS I'm going to be so indebted to all of you that I'm going to have to invite everyone to my house for Thanksgiving next year. :D

Lee

Hi Lee, welcome to the communtiy, hope you enjoy your stay. [excited]

I've seen just about all of their video tutes over the past year, year and a half. I highly recommend them if to anyone that has an easier time learning in that way. I agree that it can help to speed up understanding of things when you see visual examples.

I've had/have several of their video tutes posted on my site for over a year now. So i'd have to give a hearty thumbs-up to your decision to use them. :perfect:

BUT... let's, at the same time, bear in mind that the video medium, as like any learning materials, can only teach a person the rote mechanics... it will not teach you how to be inquisitive, or give you any true sense of passion for being creative. Those attributes are up to the individual to strive for themselves. ;)

I did VTC's Photoshop 6 & 7 courses.

More information about the VTC Photoshop 7 tutorial CD can be found here:

http://www.vtc.com/productdetail.php?sku=33329 (11 hours, $99,95 US)

The author is able to explain with a pleasant voice many of the most important aspects of PS 7 without rushing into things.

I can highly recommend this CD to anyone.

A good balance between quality and price :perfect:

I believe there is a photoshop 7 for dummies. If you ask me, I always think for dummies books are the best! :perfect: They ewxplain every last detail. for photoshop, I basically learned myself, except im still learning, here! Always learning something new every day ;)

I notice that TotalTraining offers a 30-day moneyback guarantee, so it looks like your dollars are safe :)

I've heard great things about this company, particularly about the Photoshop training. It features the great Deke McClellan, so it should be very good.

The Total Training series looks great :)

I just wanted to add another resource for you to have on your shelf. Check out http://www.3dbuzz.com , they have a free Photoshop VTM (Video Training Magazine CD). It's free, you can download it if you have a fast internet connection. However, if you're stuck on dial-up like me, you could have it sent to you (shipping is FREE too!).

Now for the downside. New Photoshop VTMs will probably not be released frequently as with their other Free training CDs.

Hi Erwin,

thanks for the link!

Lucky me has a cable connection, but is too dumb to find the PS VTM download link. ;\

Can you give me a hint?

Thanks again!
Marcus

Greetings Marcus! You will first need to register for their forums. After you have done that, the Downloads link is directly under you username at the left panel.

Then behold! Loads and loads of video tutorials (i.e. Maya, Max, XSI, PHP&MySQL, Photoshop, Zbrush, MotionBuilder, Combustion, Online Houdini Course, and more!)

There are also more video tutorials at http://www.masteringunreal.com , which is also part of 3dbuzz. MasteringUnreal has game modding video tuts, along with a Concept Art Drawing Course.

They are all FREE! If you have any problems, let me know. :perfect:

Me too, Thanks Marcus. With all these free tuts maybe I can skip the $250 for the Total Training series. :D

Lee

My thoughts exactly, G. Already have my eye on a Wacom as we
speak. So MANY PS toys, so little money..........~sigh~ ;)

L

Lee said:
So MANY PS toys, so little money..........~sigh~

Lee, I feel your pain! :\

Back