What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop V24.0

JeffK

Guru
Has anyone updated to the newest version of Photoshop released this month (October 2022)? Overall impressions? Problems?

Hi @JeffK
I have not upgraded yet if and when I do, I will keep by version of PS23 up and running.

Here is the Adobe PS page for known bugs in recent releases (OS and OS version dependent)
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html

Not a small number
John Wheeler
Thanks for the reply, John. I'm generally a laggard when it comes to updates and have no problem waiting. As in the pharmaceutical advertising industry where I once worked, the true "clinical trials" of a new product is when it's released to the public. That's when the full issues and problems are best revealed. As for software, too many users, machines, and configurations out there to call any software perfectly bug free. Might come down to which bugs you can live with.

Even so, good idea to keep the last best release on tap just in case. :)

Hi @JeffK
I prefer not to have to spend time tracking down why something doesn't work as Adobe does not pay me for debugging their software and I have better things to do with my time.
I too am a late adopter for two reasons:
1) Being on a Mac and also a Mac with Apple Silicon means a bit less software attention with either more bugs or slower to fix bugs (my impression). I
2) Investment in Band-aides gets pretty high when you are on the bleeding edge :)

John Wheeler

Back