What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop version before online

gimp;2ps

Hi.
Asking if you can tell me what was the last 'autonomous' self hosted, non- cloud version of photoshop
Thanks

Thanks for answer. You just printed out all the new Features of Ps. Do you work for Adobe ?

CS6 can still be found on Amazon or Ebay. The only other option is to risk downloading a pirated "cracked" copy.............which I do not advise!

Glad to find them on ebay, i rather get a official version, i remember cracks busting too many times.

1-Cheapest offer i foud here, but don't know if it's trustworthy. what you all think about this:

Mod edit: Please don't post links to download sites. Any online sales of software should be "Buyer Beware". This forum and it's members can't really speak to the trustworthiness of any given site.

2- Do you know if i should contact Adobe to double check the licence ?

3- What's the difference between cs6 regular and extended ?

4- If i buy a cs5 disc on ebay is it possible will Adobe upgrade me for free or a fee ?

Thanks

Last edited:
2- Do you know if i should contact Adobe to double check the licence ?
The license will either activate the software or it wont.
3- What's the difference between cs6 regular and extended ?
Extended had 3D.
4- If i buy a cs5 disc on ebay is it possible will Adobe upgrade me for free or a fee ?
I could be wrong, but I don' think that would be possible..............more of a question for Adobe. The first problem is that Adobe does not recognize online/second party sales as valid or authorized resellers, they are fully disregarded and invalid. So as a result, Adobe will not officially recognize any of those buyers as actually owning their software. They may require proof of purchase. There's also complications if the software was ever registered.

One other thing to think about is compatibility with the Windows operating system (if you are a Windows user). I currently have Photoshop CS5 and Win10, which works just fine. But Microsoft is about to move on to Windows 11, so it's not clear if these older versions of Photoshop will continue to work.

Frankly, I'd invest in the newest version of Photoshop, have all the available and up-to-date tools, have the option to use cloud storage, and get all of the features and benefits of the newest version.
You'll have a genuine Adobe product with their full support and guidance. The cost is relatively nominal at $9.99/month for PS photography plan. Why take the risk in the after-market of possibly pirated versions or versions you won't be able to register
I hold no prejudice against users of older software that they've purchased and owned and have been using since their release without the need/want to update. Heck, I drive a 15-year-old Civic coupe because that's all I need, it gets me from Point A to Point B, and is in decent shape. (My wife, of course, uses the 2-year old Nissan.)
But if you don't have the software and starting with a fresh application, why not take the safest and most recent offering? And have all the advantages of future updates as well.
It is your decision and no judgement made. Maybe you'd rather own than rent. In this digital environment, just do it safely and securely.

Back