What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PhotoShopcs not working for me

THEKIDD

yesterday it was working good but today i tried to open an image and this came up
untitled9ii.png

and when i press ok this came up
untitled23ae.png

then when i press ok the program just closed this now happens every time i run the program and i try to reinstall it but it does not work at all

what can i do i reinstall it like 5 times but it still doing the same thing

thanks for your help 8))

some more info might help us to figure out what you need to do.

Example:

1. What version of Photoshop are you using?
2. If running PS CS -- did you activate?
3. If running PS 7 or lower, did you check Adobe.com to try and fix this? \:]

re

it says the version on the title (Photoshop CS) and it is activated
and i have not tried the website anything else i should tell

have you installed new hardware/software recently?
Did you apply some windows hotfixes? can you roll back XP to an earlier recovery point to see if it would work?

i have not installed new hardware/software
the last hotfixes i installed was on the 15 of december
and i just did that windows recover and it said it could not do it to that date

Sorry, I didn't read the title very close. ;\

I think Pierre meant a roll-back to ANY previous state. Just do go past the date you installed and activated CS, if you do, then you will have to re-install and re-activate it (I think?).

Here's something, are you trying to open the program while having a bunch of other programs running at the same time? This could also create problems for you. Having too many programs running at the same time can cause problems by using too much of your resources needed to run another program on top of the ones already running!

One last thing -- did you do a FULL reboot of your computer AFTER you installed it? This could be another reason it's not working for you!

the date i installed and activated CS was a long time ago so im not going to do that
and i re-install and re-activate like 5 time and it still giving me this error
i dont know what to do

Personally I would uninstall Photoshop, rename the directory if it's still there after uninstall, remove Photoshop leftover entries in the registry (make backup of registry first!) and /Program Files/Common files, do a scan disk, reboot and install Photoshop. If everything would work I would copy back the old plugin folder that is in the (old) renamed Photoshop directory. If the problem returns, then it's a plugin problem.

If you're technical like me, then you might consider to download the free http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to see if DLL's are missing or any other errors (file/open and select photoshop.exe).
The event log might also give some answers.

And then there are dozens of other things you might try of course. :\

Question: what kind of operating system do you use?

re

it diid not work i re install it but nothing i did what u said to do but the error still comes up .im running windows XP homes

One thing JoeD said made me think (scary),

Maybe you need to do a Windows repair. If you still have the installation disk, pop that into your drive and reboot your computer.

When the computer starts backup let it boot from disk. Choose repair, and maybe that will help you out!

Other than that I'm at a loss! [confused]

you seem to be hangin around here -- give me some info.
The "MPR.dll" file should be in either or both of the folders below;

1. Do you have it in a folder called"C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386"?
2. Do you have it in a folder called"C:\WINDOWS\system32" folder?

If not, let me know!

Hi,

This could be a plugin problem. Remove all your third party plugins and see
if the problem goes away. Also try resetting your prefs at startup (press
ctrl-alt-shift).

Have u checked for spyware ??

If there are missing or corrupted dll?s and u need to repair windows.
Take a look overhere http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
Repairing directly from installdisk won,t do any good

Last but not least, this could be an activation related issue u can check it by changin ur date for instance to a week urlier

Stan

NO THE (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT) did not work
i dont have any extra pluging beside the one they give u

i dont have spyware but i had some adware

i dont have the windows cd to do that

and that date thing did not work

THEKIDD said:
NO THE (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT) did not work
i dont have any extra pluging beside the one they give u

i dont have spyware but i had some adware

i dont have the windows cd to do that

and that date thing did not work

Is this a ripped copy of Photoshop? I have heard of things like this happening, but only if the program was ripped.

- dc

Back