What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshopped six pack....where do I go from here?

KyleBennett

Hello all. I photoshopped a 6-pack I found from a model on Google images onto a photo of me using the donor method. (Looking at pictures of shirtless men for 30 minutes to find a stomach I could contour to my body was not nearly as fun as it sounds). Technically, I photoshopped the entire chest and abdomen since the ripped stomach looked funny on the measly chest. Naturally, the model was far more tan than I, so now I am having an issue.

The big issue is underneath MY right armpit, I am obviously very pale. Any suggestions as to how I can make the skin color transition seem more natural? I have already flattened the image and I really would prefer not to unflatten since I have spent several hours liquifying. On the bright side, from the looks of it, I don't think my left shoulder poses an issue, since the shadow line falls right between the donor body and my shoulder. What do you guys think?

Thank you,
Kyle

Attachments

• Abs1.jpg
    Abs1.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 3
Why not just clone the abs onto your torso instead, then blend that way?

Thanks for the post Paul. But I'm sorry, what exactly do you mean by that? I did clone the abs onto my torso originally. Blend what way? (I am somewhat new to Photoshop)

YOu would need to match the colours either by going to image > adjustments > match colour or apply a smart adjustment layer over your image apply a warming filter and adjust opacity. How are you putting the 6 pack on to me it looks like you have just got an image and put it on top and used the eraser tool without masking it with a good size feather. YOu are also neglecting your physical shape which you would need to use the liquify tool to build yourself up a bit and then apply a dodge and burn layer to emphasis toning more.
b4 after.png

Thats good H but the skin colour looks wrong.
First is the original NO 6 PACK the second is with op's 6 pack added and toned:)

BUt that is the problem without having 2 images to match and 1 heck of a hard line where they have been blended with 2 totally different tones if the op had posted 2 seperate pictures then yes it is just a 10 min job and even the heal brush is not good enough to blend that line in. Yes I could have put some effort in once I Had it all evenly toned to correct it but at the end of the day there is a giant big red ball there unless the OP was prepared to blend his unmasked identity with the touched up version and match the colour himself then why spend to long that took me over 45 mins but the OP can correct skin tone etc to suit his head if he mixes them.

I guess that is 1 way of doing it probably is the best way if he wants to do it himself.

Like you said, with one layer containing two contrasting colour ranges, what does the guy expect?

I suppose you could make a selection of the part he has pasted in and copy it to match it better but you still have the problem with no room to blend it and on top of that he will still need to blend it in with his original picture so unless he posts both pictures unedited then it is pointless posting lots of variations as I am fairly sure he does not want it with the red sphere over his face unless you want to add some colour to it and make it a giant beach ball lol.

Yeah lol, thats basicly what i did, i made a path around the inner edges of the torso then played around with colour and light settings then just smudge blended the two and made a couple of new copies each over laying and blending, changing saturation etc to get to where i was lol.

Holy crap, Hoogleman and Paul, you guys are good! You really are gurus. I greatly appreciate your help. I've come to the conclusion that I have tackled this beast in a very wrong manner and I'd rather have my original work go to waste then have a sub-par 6-pack rendition. I know this may be asking for a bit much..but would either one of you guys be willing to blend the images for me if I emailed you photos of the original beach shot and original 6-pack model? I would be forever grateful :)

originals are a lot easier and quicker just upload images onto image shack or something and then pm me the link and I will do the same no need to be shy here it has been done several times before. However do you just want the 6 pack blending or do you want the your arms and, lats and shoulders beefing up as well.

PM sent. Your best guess is far better than mine; whichever one you think will look more natural and less obvious that it was photoshopped is the route I would prefer, so I am assuming the full upper body beefing is the better option. Thanks Hoogleman YOU ROCK!!!!!!!

Back