What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phpBB site hacked

SCync

Power User
I don't know how many of you host forums using phpBB, but if you do you may want to keep an eye on their site (after they get up and going again).

I imagine there'll be a lot coming in terms of describing the vulnerability, and news of patches and/or upgrades.

Anyway, just a heads up to those it may concern.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/index

The world is full of self righteous losers.
That's just rediculous; specifically because they took advantage of an 'open source' project. That's like shooting a baby duck.

Let's hope they get the db back up in one piece.

Thanks for the news flash SCync. :perfect:

Yeah, I noticed that when I wanted to see whether they made any improvements in the skinning area. I don't understand the guys who did it, knowing that's an open source community that was atacked, a community of people with nothing but the rigth intentions.

Mark said: That's like shooting a baby duck.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Never heard that expression before. U funny U :}

You could say for every good there is an evil but open source is close to sacred. Sorry to hear that. I have a friend who went all Mac because he felt less vulnerable - altho he knows it could happen to anyone who connects to the net.

Yep, the morons that think they are so cool for disabling a database should be shot!! The one site I go to a bunch had that happen to him about a month back -- the hacker wiped the database clean. Luckily he had a back-up from mid-november, and lost very little in terms of the rest of the sites on the server.

They seem to be up, so now the fun part of "splainin'" [shhh]

Summary disembowelment for the fuckers would be to good

Stu: Summary disembowelment...
Hi Stu, Well said...very funny, you haven't lost your gift of expression. Thanks for the laughs

Hi Joy :D...good to see ya again :perfect:

I have lots of expressions,but the naughty filter doused my true enthusiasm on the subject :)

Back