What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Picture for funeral

Atul

My father passed away a few days back. He was bed ridded for 8 years and I do not have any good pictures with me for funeral.
Still I managed to find a few pictures that are good.
main.jpg is a main image that can be used but eyes seem to be closed. I am attaching a few supporting pictures(supp_1, supp_2, etc) as well that can be used for editing the main picture. Further a solid background would be nice.
I would appreciate if I can get any help here.

main.jpg

Attachments

• papa.zip
    25.7 MB · Views: 11

thebestcpu

Guru
@Atul
Very sorry for you loss.
It was very helpful to have other images to help with your request.
Here is my attempt at achieving your request and there may be other forum members that contribute as well.
John Wheeler

main-adj.jpg

Argos

Guru
Very sorry for you're loss, being honest I don't see a way to add the eyes of your father from the other pictures, the only thing i think it could work its using the eyes of the young men and try to blend it.

I didn't fix the background or did any extras to the picture because I'm not sure if this will work for you, if it does just let me know.

Best regards,
David

mainff.jpg

Last edited:

ex_teacher

Guru
My condolences on the loss of your father. Here is my attempt in color as well as a black & white.

Father_Main_8_color.jpg

Father_Main_8_B&W.jpg

Atul

Very sorry for you're loss, being honest I don't see a way to add the eyes of your father from the other pictures, the only thing i think it could work its using the eyes of the young men and try to blend it.

I didn't fix the background or did any extras to the picture because I'm not sure if this will work for you, if it does just let me know.

Best regards,
David

View attachment 120279
Hello David,

Thank you for the efforts. Eyes look very realistic. I seems like my father is looking towards left. Is it possible you can make him look straight. Also can you add some solid background so that we can frame it.

Argos

Guru
Hello David,

Thank you for the efforts. Eyes look very realistic. I seems like my father is looking towards left. Is it possible you can make him look straight. Also can you add some solid background so that we can frame it.

Sure I will try, I'm going to sleep soon, if any forum members want to straighten the eyes, and add background, please do, if nobody does it I will do it tomorrow.

Argos

Guru
...still trying.

Ex_teacher you have chosen a really hard eyes to pull of for this picture, they have mayor light/contrast issues, the eyelashes are a little too much, I think the iris are too big as well.

I tried to play with it because I like a good challenge, but in this kind of job if you want nice results the most important tthink is to find a good match, it will save you a lot of time and the result will be much better,.

Father_Main_11_colorff.jpg

Best regards,
David.

ex_teacher

Guru
Ex_teacher you have chosen a really hard eyes to pull of for this picture, they have mayor light/contrast issues, the eyelashes are a little too much, I think the iris are too big as well.

I tried to play with it because I like a good challenge, but in this kind of job if you want nice results the most important tthink is to find a good match, it will save you a lot of time and the result will be much better,.
I've found with any artwork I do, I can't see flaws until I wait, step back and take a long deep breath. Every time I looked at my latest version, ,I knew it was wrong but needed time to see why. You saw it right off. Independently of you, I came to the conclusion there needed to be some (isolated) color temp changes and of course the irises were way to large .and I should probably change the cast to the eye..

Definitely a good challenge but I've got to stop fiddling.

Bruce

Argos

Guru
I've found with any artwork I do, I can't see flaws until I wait, step back and take a long deep breath. Every time I looked at my latest version, ,I knew it was wrong but needed time to see why. You saw it right off. Independently of you, I came to the conclusion there needed to be some (isolated) color temp changes and of course the irises were way to large .and I should probably change the cast to the eye..

Definitely a good challenge but I've got to stop fiddling.

Bruce

It's a common problem, it happens to everybody, with time and experience you will notice more problems, but it still happens, so it's good to leave some time when you finish and take another look. It's also good to have always a second opinion, This forum also helps a lot because you can see your mistakes or things to improve comparing with the others members work.

Keep practicing, and you will see the improvement in time.

Atul

View attachment 120311

Best regards,
David.
Hi David
Image looks very good. I noticed that you touched upon shirt collar as well. Thank you for this help. I have a final request, is it possible you can use eyes with darker shade as my father's eyes were naturally black.

Regards,
Atul