What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pivot point

bgoodman4

Something odd that I have not noticed before is that there seems to be a size limit to being able to move the pivot point within a selection. Normally I would using the Lasso tool for example, select the area I want to rotate, hit the Move tool, click just outside the bounding box to change the Move tool to the Free Transform tool, and then grab the centre point and drag it to where ever I wanted the pivot point to be. Today, for some reason, I find that if I select a relatively small area I am not able to move the centre point unless I actually change the pivot point on the grid at the top task-bar first. The overall image size is 9 X 18 mm. AS indicated in attachment 3 if I select the side point in the Free Transform grid first then I am able to move the pivot point but in attachment one simply clicking outside the bounding box enables me to do this whereas in the selection
for attachment 2 this does not seem to work.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Does anyone have any idea whats happening here?

what resolution is your document the pivot point will need a certain amount of pixels to be able to be controlled. so if you have a 72 dpi and a 300 dpi document your pivot point should be more accurate giving you more flexibility in movement.

I may be totally wrong as I dont tend to use these kind of features in ps but I do use them in other programs

Back