What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing around with my dog (she doesn't bite)

LeMort

Hi

I found a picture of my dog I wanted to do something with.
There's a lot of information available in the picture.

I've posted the original image for you to play with at this location
http://www.mortenflaten.com/photoshop/challenges/Nemi_challenge.zip
(0,8mb)

What I've done, basically, is to even out the levels, duplicate the layer a couple of times. Applying different filters to some of the layers
(Coloured Pencil and CutOut). Gaussian blur was applied to one of the layers and the blend modes in use are:
Pin Light, Screen, Color Dodge and Lighten

I've fallen in love with adjusting levels in 16bit mode btw. This makes it easier to reverse what have been done because there are so many colors preserved in the picture when saved.

Here is the original picture and my end result compared.
I am pretty sure YOU PEOPLE can do better so GO AHEAD 8} \:/ B7 8)) :}

M:)rten

And here is my end result in a bigger version

M:)rten

OK, here's my version.

Hue/Sat adjustment and a little color balance tweak. I also put a white layer under it and set it to Hard Light blend mode to brighten it up a bit.

Personally I would just add a levels correction (highlight and midtones) and nothing more, it gives the most natural looking result in my opinion.

thought I'd give it a quick go round. This is a bit sloppy, but you'll get the idea. I spent no time color correcting.

Back