What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please can somebody help? Please?

Andy_S

Hello Photoshop Guru World! ;)

Hopefully I've stumbled across an excellent site to use for inspiration.

Is there anybody out there that can help me with my issue? I have a few photos from my visit to the British Superbikes last weekend and as it didn't show on my camera screen, I wasn't aware it was there until I got home. Hopefully you will see from the two examples, there is a slight grey blur over part of the bikes, which I assume is from part of a fence that was in front of me. I've tried many things and asked several people to no avail so far. Can any helpful, clever person help a dimwit like me in getting rid of it? I've got nine or ten like this and they're all keepers if it wasn't for this annoying grey bit.

I'd appreciate some help so much! Thank you! :cheesygrin:

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

Errm, the only grey bits I can see in the image where you specify are the copywrite watermarks..?

I can see what looks like a smudge on your lens the 2nd picture shows it clearer at the base of the bike and to the track. You should be able to fix it with a contrast adjustment layer and paint it in only where the image looks soft focused using a soft brush.

It took me awhile to see that smoky blur because the watermark distracted me and I wondered if you were for real, lol. Sorry bout that. Have you tried the contrast adjustment or maybe vibrance and adjust that and/or saturation? Using the adjustment layer mask for fine tuning your effect works well. You might consider making a smart object, use a smart sharpen and a gradient on the mask to control the amount from top to bottom. I don't know how this would work, but sharpening generally brightens a bit.

Thanks for the reply guys. I think it depends what you view the photos on. With my iPhone it's not all that noticeable, but on my 23in monitor it's very obvious. I'm not on a wind up. Honest! :cheesygrin:

I've tried contrast etc in Lightroom, as I thought that might be an easy fix, but unfortunately to get rid of it enough on most of them, it makes the photos a little too fake looking.

Unfortunately my Photoshop knowledge is less than in depth and I basically know the simpler things that I need to use most often and that's it. So some of the suggestions have gone straight over my tiny little mind. :sad:Unfortunately I appear to have hit a bit of a brick wall.

Hi,
you must not apply those changes on the whole picture, you have to mask it. First read once again advice described above. If you still do not understand it, go to menu Window and click on adjustments, for each one you pick ( mostly Contrast and Saturation as described above ) click on the third mini icon on the bottom of this window, it is a grey rectangle with white circle in it. In the Layers window click on the right picture/icon/schema and paint white where your change should be applied. The rest stays black, no change there.
I have to go sleep now, it's midnight here, but when you finish this, somebody else will help you further.
Best regards,
Peter
adjust.jpg

Oooops, one correction, you do not have to create mask for adjustment layer, it is already there, you would have to do it for new layer, but I believe you do not need new layer for these pictures.

Last edited:

Back