What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please HELP Adobe Photoshop CS7 crashes in Vista 32bit

Dayvid

I have been using Photoshop CS7 full version without no problem whatsoever, then on Sunday out of the blue I got the error 'This program has crashed' box and no option but to close the software. This is the error msg that I am getting.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 7.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 3caf9b42
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18541
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec3e3d5
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00041a95
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: bfef
Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
Additional Information 3: bfef
Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

My drivers are all up to date. My memory has enough space and I have done all things expected. I did a SCNDSK -r. MSCONFIG, a system restore. Photoshop does not work in safe mode either. Re-installed Photoshop and did a Anti-malware scan (with no viruses) showing up.
I have browsed and browsed but I am now stuck. Please Please I need to use PS and really do not know what to do next.

Thanks

It might be a windows conflict issue, vista is a pile of old rope mate.

I thought PS7 was BETA only at this time. If so, I would expect it to work on WIN 7 and 8

I have been using PS7 in my vista for months now and everything run smoothly. It was only the other day that it started crashing.

Vista is a pile of old rope mate, you have been lucky.

Have you recently installed a service pack update for windows if so try uninstalling the service pack and launching PS. If that fixes it then you will have an incompatable driver in the update, you can either keep the service pack off or go and try and find which update exactly is causing the error.

Didn't know anything called CS7 existed. Your talking about Photoshop 7...not CS7. After CS6 it is all now cloud based and is called PS CC.
You have created a corrupt driver somewhere in your system. As Paul says..Vista is a pile of old rope (and it wasn't too hot to begin with imho) If possible upgrade your machines OS to Windows 7 and reinstall your software.

Thanks for the hints. Not possible. I can not afford Windows 7 atm so how can I fix my Vista to get PS 7 to not crash? I have done loads of basic stuff that one would do to fix registry and driver issues, Scanned and re installed OS and PS7 twice. Does the error log above not give any clues as to where to look for the possible error?

Thanks again

Did you exercise all of your other programs on that machine and see if any of them are also acting up?

When you reinstalled Photoshop, did you do a plain Jane install, or did you also reinstall plug-ins and other add-ons?

Have you recently added any new software or upgraded any software on that computer including Photoshop plug-ins?

Did you run MEMTEST or equivalent to check your memory?

T

PS - FYI, I have two machines at home that I run Photoshop on. The older one is a Windows Vista machine that I keep up to date. I've had no problems with any of the new updates to Vista, and Photoshop on that machine continues to function perfectly. In fact, in the five or six years that I've been running Vista on that machine, it has never given me any problems whatsoever. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I just kept things clean, but I've had no problems with Vista, and I have a huge ammt of software including lots of highly technical programs also on that machine. However, I should add that there is not a single game on that machine other than Solitaire. LOL.

T

PS - FYI, I have two machines at home that I run Photoshop on. The older one is a Windows Vista machine that I keep up to date. I've had no problems with any of the new updates to Vista, and Photoshop on that machine continues to function perfectly. In fact, in the five or six years that I've been running Vista on that machine, it has never given me any problems whatsoever. Maybe I've been lucky, or maybe I just kept things clean, but I've had no problems with Vista, and I have a huge ammt of software including lots of highly technical programs also on that machine. However, I should add that there is not a single game on that machine other than Solitaire. LOL.

T

I too run PS7 on my Vista based laptop...never any issues. CS7 is listed as a BETA program for tablets...Assuming the OP is using PS7 ​I would suggest clean install or reset PS

I have also used Flash cs4 and no other programs are acting up. When I re installed Photoshop I also installed all know plug-ins and add-ons. No I have not upgraded or added new software. I have done a scandisk and a memtest too. On my C: drive after Photoshop is installed I have 4.11 GB of free space. Could that be the problem?

only 4 gig of spare space on a hard drive is most likely your problem I think Photoshop scratch disk is 10 Gigs alone that needs to be spare at all times try reducing your scratch disk size but the cost of hard drives at the moment means you may just want to buy a new hard drive, you can get a good 3 tb drive for around $100 or just a simple 500Gb for about $30

Back