What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scripting Please Help Me With a Resizing Script :(

Sasha_Kalashinikov

I'm by no means a Photoshop noob, but I have never attempted to script any actions myself. I've been scouring the internet (including this forum) trying to figure this out for the past few weeks. I work for a company that has 45,000 images that need to constantly be updated, resized, and uploaded to our website, by yours truly.

I'm the guy at the very, very bottom of the totem pole and my bosses keep piling stuff on my desk to do! I can't even keep up at this point without some complex means of automation. I'm afraid I'm going to lose my job because I'm so far behind schedule!

I've tried writing several parts of the script I need seperately, but none of them work correctly. The one that works the most is my Image Resize script, but it only works for 1/2 of the images I run it on, and I am completely unable to adjust dpi. If anyone here has a heart, please help me! I want to keep my job and I'm desperate!

The three things that I need this script to do:

FIRST: Adjust the shortest canvas dimension to match the longest canvas dimension (make it square, with white space to make up the difference).

SECOND: Adjust image size to no less than 1500px x 1500px at 300dpi (5"x5"). If the image is larger than this, it is ok, but it still needs to be 300dpi (at a minimum of 1500px x 1500px).

THIRD: Save all processed images to a subdirectory called "Processed" (so I can keep the originals as well).

Can anyone help me with this? Thank you so much and sorry for the trouble!

Colleague!!! Thank you so much! It appears to work perfectly! :thumbsup:
I will post here again if there are any issues when I automate in bulk.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to my career with this company and I don't even know you! You probably just saved my job. Seriously, thank you!!

Hello,

I have a similar problem but my files (more than 5000) are all in portrait format and i need to transform all in pano.

example this pages_Pagina_030_Immagine_0005.jpg must be 2.jpg

Is there any script to use in an action?

Please help me?

Attachments

• pages_Pagina_009_Immagine_0012.jpg
    pages_Pagina_009_Immagine_0012.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8

Back