What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help

I have now updated the script so could you download the script again (same link) and replace the old script with the new one.
It now checks for the two different formats, also an error log is created on the desktop "DVD Cover Log.txt"
Hope this one works for you.

After I download it and cut it from my downloads folder, I'm then pasting to the scripts folder. Do I need to extract it or anything after I put it there? I'm having problems seeing it in Photoshop again.

Once you have downloaded the zip file it needs to be unziped and the old "DVD-Cover.jsx" in the scripts folder needs to be replaced with the new one.

Ok. So I got it in there again but now I've noticed these people at the factory are doing another variation of how they are naming them. You think they could keep some consistency! It's my fault too for not noticing. It appears most of them are actually this way. Now they are using underscores instead of dashes and adding another letter. This is how it appears to be now. 10755_F_I.jpg (for the fronts) and the backs are downloading as 10755_F_I (1).jpg

Sorry about this!

I will have another look and see if I can combine the new format, it will tomorrow though as it getting late here.

Wow! I just did it with one of the folders that had the files named the way I originally told you! That's incredible! You have saved me so much work! Thank you so much!

I'd like to send you a few bucks after you finish it up. This script is very valuable to my business. If you'd like I'd be more than happy to send you something via PayPal.

Also, If its possible to make the background transparent that would be great! I can see some content in the background where the front and back covers meet. No big deal though if it's too much.

-frt.jpg and -bck.jpg too. I think I should learn how to work with that script a little bit since I'm probably going to keep running into different variations with different studios. I could always just change the end of the file when I save it from the vendor's site to the folder I guess. That would make getting 100 to 200 images saved a little bit of a slower process, but that's nothing compared to the time I'm saving with the script.

The content I was seeing in what appeared to be the background of where the two DVD covers meet, had nothing to do with your scripting. I was the edges to some of the cover images that were provided to me. Figured I'd let you know that as to not baffle you with that issue.

Mr Paul! Thank you sooooo much for your help! I have about 3000 DVD titles, or 6000 images that I need to make into a single full DVD cover images. Your script has taken an arduous project and made it effortless! No need to worry about modifying the script any further. I'll just batch rename files as I need to so it works with it. Considering there are so many vendors that name their files differently, it would be too much to keep asking you to modify the code. Please contact me on Skype if you use it. I'd like to return the favor.

Many many thanks!

Tony

You are very welcome Tony, that's what we are all here for is to help. Good luck with your project!

Back