What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please vote for body SWAP I created.

dursunlu

I want to know the level and quality of appearence. Please vote ( between 0-10) for body SWAP in this photo I created . if low score, could you create better one please. I was alone on the boat. I tried to put the girl on the boat.

beraber.png

bot-2015 (1).jpg

indir.jpg

Last edited:

polarwoc

Guru
I think this post should go into the SubForum titled "Show Your Work".
But before you post there, I would like to share my first impressions:
The gap between the girl's hands and body need to be caved out for the boat background to show. Right side of the lady's Right arm still has Blue of the water - meaning the cut could have been better.

Should you show perseverance, this forum would assist you in your quest for excellence.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Should you show perseverance, this forum would assist you in your quest for excellence.
I could not agree more with Pmans statement. You can only learn if your willing to accept help along with honest critiques.

As you have asked, I will score this particular compositing attempt (body swap) at a 0. (sorry, I have to be honest)

The most important considerations for this type of composite is in selection and isolation of the subject to be added, matching the size, lighting, coloration, grain or resolution, blending, and perspective. While the perspective is close but not quite right, you have not managed to meet the rest of the criteria, most importantly the selection, lighting, coloration, and blending.

You also need to work on the largest images possible, your images are way too small. Ask questions and practice, practice, practice!

polarwoc

Guru
I made some corrections. Thanks.
This is surely an improvement over the other pic. Since you show interest, I would like to be more serious in giving feedback.
Improvements sought are:
  • You used a lot of Liquify tool. Use it sparingly. Her Left leg and Left hand do not look real. They look like flaccid under inflated rubber blow doll limbs. There is an obvious size difference between the Right and Left limbs.
  • There is still water visible between her legs from knees down to ankles. It should have been white - the colour of the seating panel.
  • You are working on very low quality images, as @IamSam mentioned. Lesser the quality, more are the chances of any editing looking fake.
  • Between you and the lady, the sun should be similar but she appears too much brighter in contrast. An adjustment is in order on both the lady and the background sans her.
  • I think she is a lot sharper than you and background are - meaning a slight amount of blur on her may make it look even.
Positives are:
  • You seem interested so far.
  • If you are a beginner, you have done a commendable job of cutting the lady out of her background.
  • Her placement is right.
All in all, if you are a beginner, this edit will take longer as the skill set required is that of Intermediate or higher. I would find it hard to attempt this edit.

polarwoc

Guru
Let any feedback you get inspire you to perform better. Importantly, enjoy the work and indulge in the fun in working with PS.:yay:

dursunlu

Let any feedback you get inspire you to perform better. Importantly, enjoy the work and indulge in the fun in working with PS.:yay:

Thank you again polarwoc and iamsam , i understand that i need later to work with guys like you.

Argos

Guru
My advice will be to start with something more simple, try to work on better resolution images, if that is not a possibility and you have to work with that image of you on the boat, try to find a better match (girl), trying to find in that girl image the most possible of the good advice Iamsam and Polarwoc said, like the lighting, quality, color . You will have a lot less work and it will look 100% better. To me is one of the most important things.

I did a try and looked for a better match, because of the quality of the picture looks like 1980-90 photo, I start there, could be wrong but its what it looks like XD. But I didn't have much time to do the search.. so I picked the wrong picture.:rolleyes: (i had to make a lot of changes), But I looked it as a challenge and I can't resist a good challenge XD.

My try and the image I used.

bot-2015 (1)f.jpg13692e7cae7f5b78bc92e85b0fa7518e.jpg

I straightened the horizon of this image, and enlarged the image 10%.
Adjusted the man's body to an upright position.
Placed a suitable female companion. Adjusted the lighting and blending.
Performed some color corrections.

bot-2015 (1)-1chrisdesign.jpg

image.jpg

With a low res image like this one it is extremely difficult to get a good result.
I'm a Photoshopper with many years of experience. But this is the best I could do with your image.

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
That's a much better match than mine and the perfect example of what i was trying to say, just added a few shadows and make the girl a little bit smaller (10minuts) on Chrisdesign work and looks really good, sorry for using liquify to make the girl smaller but the other option would be a nightmare, liquify was one minute XD.

bot-2015 (1)-1chrisdesignf.jpg

@Argos
For once I do not agree with what you've done to the 'girl'.

It is actually a image of a woman I found after a 2 hours google search. I guess her age is between 40 and 50 years.
My intention was to find a 'suitable companion' for this guy, who is about 50 to 60 years old, not just a sexy girl for showing off.
I wanted to create a believable image of an ordinary happy middle aged couple on a boat.

In my opinion, by making here 'smaller' you didn't improve the image. She just looks younger and more 'girlish', which was never my intention.

Argos

Guru
Hi Chris, I think you misunderstood my intention of making her smaller, I didn't do it to make her more younger or girlish ^^, I did it because I thought looking to the mouth, eyes, noise, hands in your example was a little big compared to the man ( i could be wrong) and that's why I apologize for using liquify, because have the effects you mentioned, make it look thinner, younger. But one was 1 minute the other without the original 2 hours :laugh:.

When I was doing it though on the look for a better age match, but looking at the example the op made I don't think that is what is were after.

Last edited:

dursunlu

My advice will be to start with something more simple, try to work on better resolution images, if that is not a possibility and you have to work with that image of you on the boat, try to find a better match (girl), trying to find in that girl image the most possible of the good advice Iamsam and Polarwoc said, like the lighting, quality, color . You will have a lot less work and it will look 100% better. To me is one of the most important things.

I did a try and looked for a better match, because of the quality of the picture looks like 1980-90 photo, I start there, could be wrong but its what it looks like XD. But I didn't have much time to do the search.. so I picked the wrong picture.:rolleyes: (i had to make a lot of changes), But I looked it as a challenge and I can't resist a good challenge XD.

My try and the image I used.

View attachment 95636View attachment 95637
Thank you to everyone ,
You created much more realistic good photos than I did. But I would like you perform the work with the same girl's photo I swapped.

dursunlu

I straightened the horizon of this image, and enlarged the image 10%.
Adjusted the man's body to an upright position.
Placed a suitable female companion. Adjusted the lighting and blending.
Performed some color corrections.

View attachment 95662

View attachment 95663

With a low res image like this one it is extremely difficult to get a good result.
I'm a Photoshopper with many years of experience. But this is the best I could do with your image.

Thank you to everyone ,
You created much more realistic good photos than I did. But I would like you perform the work with the same girl's photo I swapped.

Argos

Guru
Thank you to everyone ,

Hi dursulu,

I might try it when I have a little time, but it will be just for fun and the challenge... it will look worst because it would require an indecent amount of changes trying to match all the mentioned on the other posts, and the more you do on an image.. faker it looks. That's why it's so important to look for a good match.

Cheers!

Argos

Guru
I did a try, but as I said before.. is just too much to need change, I had to stop or I would spend a week trying to fix things with no solution.:joy::joy:

That's what I could get

bot-2015 (1)fff.jpg