What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porcelain skin ( with reference )

aboutnotsome

Hello,

I'm trying to make my skin like someone. She using some filter but ım trying to figure it out. Whitish but looking natural. I watched all porcelain skin videos at youtube. But she is white at videos too. any idea or tips ? or how can I do like her ?

46e16cb0f1c8d54f8f2a11ca211279fe567a12888203a3edcb5e5c934dc094b1.jpg

I did tutorials but still not look that natural

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

As you mentioned, the young woman in your example appears white in videos as well. This suggests that her coloration is in her Goth style make-up and not added with a filter.

Lets see what you have done so far (your work) so we might can help you with getting the effect you desire.

JeffK

Guru
@IamSam and @aboutnotsome - the model is Anastasia. Can't find much about her look but lots of images on the web. In some she has some color, but in others, white as above.
Most likely there is Goth style makeup. But in digging around, I found some instruction in how to achieve the look in Photoshop
The video can be found here:
I played with it a bit and please excuse the bad masking - I did this quickly while my wife was pacing back and forth since we had to leave. I also may have gone a bit too far in the
white look, but that's adjustable as you see. My attempt - before and after - is below. I just pulled a model photo from the web.
Maybe this will work for you.
- Jeff
model edited combined.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@JeffK - Yes I know. I looked her up and found the same, which is why I concluded that she is wearing make-up.

but every people looks cold in her pictures i think its filter.
There may be some type of filter added to the photo to create softness, but her white face is make-up.

You can easily get the skin very white and consistent with Ps.

Before
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.05.38 PM.png

After
Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 11.03.24 PM.png

Close up
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 8.36.45 AM.png

You need to show us the work you have done so far and we can help.

JeffK

Guru
@IamSam - I went back in and took out the white color overlay and only used a vibrance filter and curves filter. Better result and closer to Anastasia's look with a bit more color and shadow left in.
And again, this was quick/rough retouch. BTW - she's quite a fascinating model. And a really neat Photoshop trick.
- Jeff
model edited combined 2.jpg

aboutnotsome

@IamSam - I went back in and took out the white color overlay and only used a vibrance filter and curves filter. Better result and closer to Anastasia's look with a bit more color and shadow left in.
And again, this was quick/rough retouch. BTW - she's quite a fascinating model. And a really neat Photoshop trick.
- Jeff
View attachment 100952

Thanks a lot dear Jeff, Ill try to do like it, Your one was better than the youtube one, maybe can you write how did you used filters ? step by step ? Thanks for giving time :) Ill try on my pictures too and yes she has amazing trick :)

JeffK

Guru
@aboutnotsome - Has to do with the quality of the image. The one I used - and the Anastasia shots you showed - were professional shots. The image you have here is a lo-res shot so detail and color will be missing. But....
The process was really quite simple :
1. Base layer original image
2. Duplicate layer to keep original image intact
3. Select and mask so you can work on the face and arms
4 Create adjustment Vibrance adjustment layer and push the vibrance slider all the way to the left, Make sure you clip this layer to the one below.
5. Create adjustment curves layer and adjust highlights and shadows. Clip this also to the layer below.
All this time only working on face and arms
6. Go back to mask and paint in black to reveal the eyes, lips. arms, and anything else you want unaffected by the adjustment layers above.
The only step I removed was the solid white layer described in the video - looked too much like paint. But I added that layer to the headshot from your image above at about 14% opacity. Too much white makes it too flat. All really depends on the shot. And make sure you change the blending mode to soft light.
I tried to sharpen a bit but as I said it was a lo-res shot and only so much it could be pushed.
Play around with it - keep it as natural as possible even though you're pushing that Goth appearance.
Let me know if this works for you. Cropped head shot is below.
- Jeff
face edited.jpg