What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

portrait edit

Nicely done, just slightly over processed in my opinion though (only slightly).

very nicely done...did you use the HDR toning adjustment or other adjustments (like levels, colour balance etc)

looks good 1 crit would be the dress looks to bright.
i would tone down the red/pink saturation

Thats great work. I like how youve paid attention to detail on grad-ing the dof on the grass and all. :)

thank you

most of the color adjustments were done in lightroom, where i brushed over the part of her that was in a shadow, and increased the exposure of that area. then i warmed it up a bit in, increased contrast and saturation, sharpened it, and moved it over to photoshop

in photoshop i duplicated the base layer and made a mask on just the skin. to that i applied a slight surface blur, to smooth the skin, and brushed out the fine details, ear, nose, lips, etc. then i applied an add noise filter to that with a very small amount of uniform monochromatic noise, to add texture.

then i found a picture on google images that roughly matched the lighting, and that the fence wouldn't look out of place in. and i ut it in the background, and masked out the background. the refinnd edge tool helped here, but it also got rid of much of the blown out white hair

i think it looks good. I wouldn't know it was an edit.

one thing: lower the exposure just a bit on her butt. (directly under her left elbow).

thank you

most of the color adjustments were done in lightroom, where i brushed over the part of her that was in a shadow, and increased the exposure of that area. then i warmed it up a bit in, increased contrast and saturation, sharpened it, and moved it over to photoshop

in photoshop i duplicated the base layer and made a mask on just the skin. to that i applied a slight surface blur, to smooth the skin, and brushed out the fine details, ear, nose, lips, etc. then i applied an add noise filter to that with a very small amount of uniform monochromatic noise, to add texture.

then i found a picture on google images that roughly matched the lighting, and that the fence wouldn't look out of place in. and i ut it in the background, and masked out the background. the refinnd edge tool helped here, but it also got rid of much of the blown out white hair

the one step i forgot to include was the field blur on the background, it's one of those new to cs6 blur tools, and it worked ok, i guess. it looks pretty good, but i got a little frustrated because i don't think you can delete a point after you set it, so i had to hit escape and restart multiple times while doing the blur

just did something else with this

tpf help portrait 2 extended.jpg

i decided to open it up a bit

but, im thinking i just put a lot of work into this for a mediocre result

i had to extend the fence, which was difficult because of the perspective

Back