What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poser Skin Challenge

LeMort

about 2.5 hours ( wasted?) on this. trying out something new. It occured to me that by converting the orig. image to greyscale and then manipulating it with curves at various settings, then converting the results to positive and negative brushes I could accomplish some interesting results. This is the result. Once I spend some time with this, (I'll name it,
;the ronmatt effect') and do a tute. ( one of many on the drawing board) Anyway this is all done with brushes. ;)

Good work, as always, RonMatt.
In my opinion you haven't wasted the 2.5 hours ;-)

I am working on something myself but the progress is slow since there is way to much to do at work these days.
I enjoyed the Mustach!

Cheers
M:)rten

Real nice work ronmatt! I am busy painting for the challenge too. It might take a bit of time. :D

I'm baaaaaackkkkk..... I hate working out station for long spells.

Ric should be here. He'd love to play with this.

I'll give this a go when I get home. It's hell for me to paint with a brush. Can I use Poser and do some mixing in PS?

I did this tonight.
Tired after two really long days of work (including yesterdays 18.5 hour long extreme makeover: home edition in our living room) I just needed to relax.
I planned to do this simple....
Two hours later I have a PSD-File which includes more layers than I can remember to have used.

It is basically done with Blending modes (which I am exploring at the moment)
I'm quite satisfied too, actually (that's rare) but I am not pleased with the eyes and the T-shirtLogo.
Any suggestions on how I should have done the logo?

I forgot to give him eyebrows, but its to late to do something about that now :rofl:

The background is a picture taken at a location where I had a marvelous dive a week ago.

Here's is my contribution. It is a work in progress but I wanted to contribute to the thread without too long of a delay.

Hmmm. I'd thought we'd get more contributions... Hope everyone is not getting lazy. :p

Come everyone and show us what you got!

Here's an update on my contribution.

You've made her stunning :)

How did you do the sweater? Want to know, Want to know!!!!

I am glad you like what I have done. It's still a work in progress but it's getting there. :rofl:

The sweater was done by creating a layer and painting over the existing clothing. I used a low opacity hard brush and built up the color. The shadows were more opaque than the highlights. I then created a new layer and painted over the first layer in broad sweeping strokes with what a lot of people call a "hair brush" It looks like a collection of of fine dots. I set the spacing to 1%. This added the first part of the sweater texture. I then added a small bit of noise to that layer. I merged the two layers. This is the base sweater.

To add shading, I copied the original base layer of Vic and pasted that in a layer above the base sweater layer. I then set that layer's blend mode to Hard Light. I then grouped the layer to the base sweater layer. Presto! Shading! I adjusted the contrast with Curves until the shading looked right. Now, we're cooking.

Above these layers, I created a layer and filled it with the Herringbone 2 pattern. I use this pattern a lot to simulate weaving on sweaters and chainmail. However, it is flat and does not follow the contours of the body nor clothing. To solve this, I use the Displacement filter and set the displacement at 20% and 20%. For a displacement map, i used the .psd file that I was painting on. :D

The displacement worked perfectly. I removed the parts I did not need by making a selection from the base sweater (because it was covering only what I needed to cover) and deleted what was outside the sweater. I locked the transparancy and Guassian Blurred the layer very slightly. Then I set the blend mode to Soft Light and set the layer's opacity to 30%. Woo!

Almost done... I made some adjustments to the collar by creating another layer, setting it on Overlay, and painting over the color. I then adjusted the color by using Hue/Saturation until it looked right. Some of the shadows looked too dark so I created a new layer, set it to Overlay also and painted in white with a very low opacity soft brush.

That's pretty good!

I think it's funny how I thought it was a woman but everyone else painted a man. Maybe, I am just not that observant. :rofl:

That's good! Nice work.
How did you achieve the beard?

Back