What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your desktop!

That'll be five bucks via PayPal please sir

So you're the one!... you have 24 hours!

Just send a check in the mail I'm in no rush.I'll even cover postage:mrgreen: that might yield me seven cents:rofl:

DuckPal? You sure that isn't LizPal?

So this thread reappearing finally gave me the momentum I needed to clean up my desktop; and then I designed a wallpaper which will probably change next week. Or sooner maybe. I left the Recycle so I can drag multiple files to it when I get around to cleaning up my folders, which is not often enough. (same as my back-up practices, sigh)

Screenshot (4).png

Unless my desktop, my windows colors scheme and my photoshop background colors are all neutral gray and as simple as I can make them, I find that I can't make good (and consistent) color decisions -- my perception of color gets thrown off very easily.

Most of my real work involves relatively subtle post processing of photos in realistic ways (eg, fixing poor quality lighting for people shots at events for high quality print publications put out by my employer), but if I was into more exotic / artsy images / fantasy composits / saturated color logos / etc, I'm sure that my monitor background wouldn't be as big a deal.

Heck, I have neutral walls behind and to the sides of my monitor, the shades in the room are always drawn, and I haven't changed the lighting in the room for at least 5 years to ensure color and tonal consistency (when I'm serious about an image).

I know it's boring, but that's the way I do things.

Tom

I got over the busy backgrounds I did a lot for MacDesktop those were all the rage back in (whatever years those were) I forget if more than 3 days ago!:rolleyes: I usually prefer it just dark nowadays or (dark solid colors)..... Oops, I dropped my watch..... excuse me!

Wallpaper doesn't make a difference to me as I now use Windows and PS doesn't have an open BG with that platform. So it doesn't distract me. But I certainly agree. When I still had mac, I never used wallpaper just a blue or grey background. But I like having the wallpaper now and often slideshows.

I saw your collection iDad. I very much liked quite a few of them. Impressive! Oh, here's your watch. Hate to make an old guy like you bend over . . . :rofl:

lol. never heard that expression before, have you...... think about it ;)

Sure you do....:mrgreen: then again maybe you did, Most likely you've drop your watch a few times.

aand your windows isn't genuine. sorry, just being captain obvious! XD bit cluttered, tried putting some of those in folders?

I doubt that the version of windows is the only pirated software on the computer. Steal windows, but pay for adobe and autodesk?

Two images of Kali from a bhajan video, plus some weird sort of tunnel in the middle. Got the tunnel off a friend's convozine, no idea what it's from.

DeskTopKali.jpg

I doubt that the version of windows is the only pirated software on the computer. Steal windows, but pay for adobe and autodesk?

sorry VERY late, Autodesk offers student versions of their programs for free, I've got 3dsmax, maya and mudbox on mine.

I’ll post my latest desktop Pic in a mo :)

Back