What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

preview in liquify filter

markbriscoe

When I used to use the liquify filter, I was able to see each move/drag as I made it. Now it doesn't show any change until I click 'OK' and only then can I see the result of each 'drag'... So I am sort of having to guess, more or less, where the section I am altering/dragging will end up... Very difficult. Any thoughts?

Thank you
Mark

Paul

Former Member
Drop your opacity to about 30%, yours must be on 100% mate.
It's at the bottom on the right - last option.

markbriscoe

Paul, Brilliant! thank you, it's working now... Also would you know how to reduce the blurriness caused by this filter... thanks again

Paul

Former Member
Sadly theres no way to reduce the blur as your moving pixels away from original position, there by smudges happen, you can reduce the blurring by moving pixels across from desired pixels, what i mean is move the area you need to then move the next portion of the image over half that amount - thats how i do it, just have to be gentle with it, it is a good tool but very destructive.

markbriscoe

Thanks again Paul. I didn't understand completely what you were saying above... Anyway I'm just glad to have a preview in liquify again... Cheers!

Paul

Former Member
No worries Mark, we are all here to learn something new, remember that shop does one thing really - it distorts image pixels in varying ways.