What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

preview is not the same as final result!

Pshop5years

the avatar and the left sidebar when i wrote my introduction made all my formatting hop down 1 row! it looked 100% flawless and perfect when i made it, but as it was saved couple words are out of sync if that is the best way i can describe it, i changed line since it all fit perfectly within the box but now its nutrociously bad and all i wany is just rephrase myself to get those pesky 3 words out of the way to save space for the next line not just have the one word..........................................then emty for entire lenght of the page horisontally.

edited a picture to show as close as possible to what i meant before it got screwed up whats funny is that i can edit this to get just the way i want it but not the first post for whatever reason lol, it looks so bad in retrospect all i want is the option to edit my introduction once its just the spacing after some sentences that ruins the post!

1f0vwyG.png

this kind of just hurts my eyes at the bottom of the picture and if any administrator have access to edit the post or let me retype couple sentences i would be very grateful since this will affect ALL MY FUTURE WORK here on this webpage :p i'm great with photoshop just not great at predicting how many words will trade place when you hit POST THREAD and that the edit button would disappear for that topic only.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We deeply apologize that the formatting and spacing is totally off, annoying, and not to your liking. Unfortunately, like the rest of us, you will have to find a way to cope with this inconvenience for now.

As for editing a post, this is a timed function and is there by design. As a perfectionist myself, I understand and relate to your frustration. I hope you will look at this as an opportunity to carefully proof read, structure, and word your future posts in order to avoid further annoyances you may experience. I'm certain with time, you will learn the intricacies and nuances of the formatting.

If it makes you feel any better, your post/thread looks fine and is completely legible. I'm convinced that most, if not all, of our core members will have no problems reading or understanding the post and will more than likely overlook it's imperfections and typos, as we are all guilty of these.

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention, we will check into a possible solution.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
access to edit the post or let me retype couple sentences i would be very grateful since this will affect ALL MY FUTURE WORK here on this webpage
On a more personal note and in order to clear any misconceptions, PSG is a a learning and discussion forum. It's primary purpose is to educate persons around the world in the usage of Adobe Photoshop. PSG is not now nor will it ever serve our members as a Graphic Design Service. Your introduction thread is nothing more than a normal forum etiquette practice used to introduce yourself to our community and will have no bearing on any of your future work with this forum.

Your primary interest should be focused on how you can become a regular, helpful, and contributing member of our forum.

Pshop5years

Luckily i added a picture less then 3500x3500 pixel maximum but turns out it was completely prohibited even if 1x1 pixel so it got automatically deleted. I might SPEAK 3 languages but have dyslexia which makes me want to get it right the first time around, would a possible solution be that i add the same picture of my work every time i think it seems to look right but copy+paste in lets say introduction document1.txt then introduction document2.txt that i save on my desktop until a version that closer and closer to perfection is saved ready for a proper post of my introduction?

when it looks like the picture shown above i can suddenly delete my image that makes it unpostable so what i had in mind and final result looks the same disregarding the preview altogether? i understand this is a time consuming way since it can take even 9 tries to get it 100% perfect? maybe there is better solutions then removing word by word until it all fits or allow the author to edit the introduction? sorry i had the wrong priorities but my introduction would cast a shadow on ALL my work if it looked like all i can do is misaligned a bunch of text about myself. the topic was to express how i like to help people in photoshop and maybe not with formatting so not trying to change anything simply making awareness this is my first experience with the webpage and if it was overlooked now we know what to keep an eye out for when typing out long texts.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
sorry i had the wrong priorities but my introduction would cast a shadow on ALL my work if it looked like all i can do is misaligned a bunch of text about myself.
I think your being far too hard on yourself and setting unrealistic expectations that are not necessary. If and until we may find a solution, you will have to struggle with the rest of us! LOL!!

Pshop5years

yeah that is okey my primary goal making the account was to do some work in photoshop but it threw me a curveball making the profile then introduction then it all got deleted now i'm on my second day on here and havent even open photoshop hehe maybe i had to high expectation that it would be more streamlined and effortless to help guys that had advanced skill in ms.paint who needed quick face swaps and retouch work even logos. i will try this again later perhaps, it was not my intention to upset you over a misaligned bio/description. Simply tried to make it look good, my bad.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
it was not my intention to upset you over a misaligned bio/description.
Perhaps I have not communicated well, I am not in the least bit upset with you at all. I'm simply letting you know that there's not much that can be done with how the forum formats it's posts. You seem to be the one who is upset.............unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Pshop5years

no you are understanding perfectly i'm a little bit upset over the reply since i tried the suggestion & feedback section to provide the following feedback: possibly make preview same as end product when posted? -got told this is not possible (i did not know it is impossible otherwise i would not suggest it therefore i try to use my creativity to make another suggestion below)

now knowing this information my suggestion os following:
maybe have a EDIT button enable at all times so people don't have to worry what it will look like in the end or suggest preview should show accurately what it will turn out looking like in the end. Also something i did not know since it seem now i can edit this post, Previous posts and even 15 minutes ago works just fine to edit but nothing from yesterday so is there is a deadline on how much you can edit? sorry if that last sentence is off topic but could not find any information on this by my own accord when looking around.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As for editing a post, this is a timed function and is there by design.
OK, I mentioned this above and thought that you understood. So let me reiterate that the EDIT function of any post is timed.

so is there is a deadline on how much you can edit?
Correct. After a predetermined amount of time lapses, you will no longer be able to edit your post.

Pshop5years

Yeah you replied twice to the same first part of the question if it was timed, yes its timed and no i will not be able to edit over time so let me rephrase that question if it is timed (YES it timed) now we both know how much time will this edit function be available for until it disappears never to be seen again so i know what the deadline is in order to as quickly as possible make as many edits to my text as i can before that very same deadline will run out? it can be minutes or hours so because i could not find this information perhaps as administrator you would know how much time we are given to edit our posts? i will put a stopwatch on my phone from the second i post something to know exactly how much that unknown number of minutes and seconds in order to make the most use of the limited time only edit in future posts now that it's to late for the introduction to be ever edited i don't want to make the same mistake and assume we can all edit our own texts in the future. therefore i rather know how much we are given to tweak a sentence or attach some more relevant file if any improvement is ever made to lets say a project instead of making a totally new topic with small edits to image or text with a timer full advantage will be taken in so then it will both look good and stay the same way it was intended while written.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, stepped out for a while.

The time frame to edit your post is 30 minutes.