What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After Effects Preview

JgraphNet

Power User
Things have been a bit slow for me with attending the forum and everything for a while. Partly due to Real World things happening and partly due to working with stuff ...

Also, I've upgraded my After Effects CS3 to CS5.5 to take full advantage of the 64-bit architecture and more recent plugins and presets.
But also - CS5.5 is just soooo über-cool !!!

So, I'm right now involved with a presentation project that we think will be awsome ... once finished .... :)

Without giving it away in advance I put a short sample of it up here for your viewing entertainment.

pre.jpg

Link -> Sample preview 15 sec 1280 x 720 pxl

... and yes - there is sound too.

Enjoy !

wow cool FX :)

Thanks Burned Ice and SeniorS !

P.S. What the stuff?
Take it you mean what went into doing this ? Ok - brief breakdown:

Background plate done in PhS from a texture that was everything else than stone and hung some Ivy plants on it from a couple of Targa-files (with Alpha).

In AECS5.5 - a couple of tons of tutorials from Video Copilot. Actually, it's an adaptation of the Procedural Crumble effect using Shatter to do the most of the stuff.

In Audition - combined a Drone-sound (the off-chord in first two seconds) with a suitable distant thunder and 3 tracks of crumbling stone rattle.

Top off with Colour Corrections, masks on single coloured Solids to make vignette, shadow areas and oblique highlight, blending modes and .... voila !

Thanks Burned Ice and SeniorS !

Take it you mean what went into doing this ? Ok - brief breakdown:

Background plate done in PhS from a texture that was everything else than stone and hung some Ivy plants on it from a couple of Targa-files (with Alpha).

In AECS5.5 - a couple of tons of tutorials from Video Copilot. Actually, it's an adaptation of the Procedural Crumble effect using Shatter to do the most of the stuff.

In Audition - combined a Drone-sound (the off-chord in first two seconds) with a suitable distant thunder and 3 tracks of crumbling stone rattle.

Top off with Colour Corrections, masks on single coloured Solids to make vignette, shadow areas and oblique highlight, blending modes and .... voila !

Coool! I don´t understand one single word of what you just wrote. LOL!! :)

>Coool! I don´t understand one single word of what you just wrote. LOL!!

No, I understand you may not. Think you need to know a bit about After Effects to make sense of it .. :)

Last edited:
Man, there is so much to learn. How long does it take to learn all the stuff that you do? I mean how long have you been working with graphics? :)

Man, there is so much to learn. How long does it take to learn all the stuff that you do? I mean how long have you been working with graphics? :)

Oh man ... like - I went 56 in May and I've always been into graphics as far as I can remember.... actually, planned my first Stop Motion animation when I was like 10 ... invovling toy cars racing around the furniture in our living room .. but that went down since my parents didn't undertand a word of it and I couldn't get hold of a Super 8 camera with single shot action ...

Also done the whole nine yards with analog photography and being a Photo- and Image Teacher for some years, dabbled with 3D, video editing etc etc etc.

As to Photoshop I started out with ver 4.0 back in 1997 - migrating from Paint Shop Pro 2.3... -ish ...

First encounter with After Effects was about a year ago when I found Video Copilot, but couldn't do anything about it at the time. A bit later I managed to get AECS3 and did some basic learning stuff with it and about a week ago I upgraded to CS5.5.

But from what I've seen you're coming along just fine in Photoshop since you joined PG and are making good progress with what you do.
As a somewhat encouragement I can tell you that Cindy started showing some images she had worked with in Elements in 2007 at the forum Bildredigering iFokus - and within a year she had gotten to produce the basics of her amazing artwork.

So just hang in there ... :)

Oh that is very encouraging. I do understand that it takes quite a while to become as proffessional as you are. I do think I`ve been making some progress due to all the help and inspiration from everyone here. I have only been learning to work with Photoshop for a couple of months now, so I suppose patience and interest is the key to learning. :)

Oh! I can´t find Cindys page on Ifocus, but I am a member of some other Ifocus forums, I will definately be adding Bildredigering to them. Thank you!!

> ...takes quite a while to become as proffessional as you are.

Ahmm... slight correction there - Semi Professional. I'm not making my living completely out of graphics. I still do a "real" part-time-plus job that's so far from graphics as you can possible get... /LOL/

> ...so I suppose patience and interest is the key to learning.

Correct - and focus ... :)

Oh, yes, thank you! I found her, and have become a member, I saw you there as well. :)

I don´t understand how things work there yet, but I am going to figure it out.

Back