What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing Blues (aarrrggghh!)

RichardC

:{ [upset] Howdy all,
I hate this subject but it?s time to ask. After about 2 years of messing with monitor calibration and color management settings I?ve succeeded in getting prints that look exactly like what i see on the monitor in every respect except the blues. The brightness, contrast, color balance, etc. are perfect except for the blue. My blue skies are purple. I send my work off to be printed and with the CD I enclose a small ink jet guide print. I have to add a note saying something to the effect that I?d like them to please match the guide print but ignore he sky. Then I get a print that reflects how some worker likes the sky but usually it turns out ok which leads me to believe that I don?t even need to send a guide print...........HELP! If the blue can be fixed wouldn?t it adversely affect the other colors? I?ve tried several different brands of ink. The printer is an old Epson 740 with 3 colors plus black.
Thanks in advance.....RC

Back