What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing problem

Jwc1934

Photoshop won't recognize my Epson Workforce 40 printer.
I have redone Photoshop preferences and reinstalled the
latest Epson driver. When I go to print, I get the message
that I need to select a printer and reopen Photoshop and
documents. I can print from other programs.
Thanks for any thoughts!

Tom Mann

Guru
Can you print graphics on that printer from other software applications currently installed on your system (eg, Powerpoint, pix embedded in Word, etc.)?

Tom M

Jwc1934

Photoshop won't recognize printer

Sorry, but I can't find my previous post......I have Photoshop CS5 and Macintosh OS El Capitan. I have
been able to print without problems. Recently Photoshop decided not to recognize the printer, an Epson
Workhorse 40. I have reloaded the driver and reset Photoshop preferences. Thank you for any thoughts!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bumped so that the thread could be found by OP.

Tom Mann

Guru
Unfortunately, from your response, I still can't tell whether you *currently* can print graphics from applications such as PowerPoint & Word, and it's only PS that is giving you problems, or (b) did printing graphics from all applications stop at some point in the recent past.

Cheers,

Tom M

Jwc1934

The only other application that I normally print from is the word processor Pages. I can print text and graphics from that program.
John

Jwc1934

Can you print graphics on that printer from other software applications currently installed on your system (eg, Powerpoint, pix embedded in Word, etc.)?

Tom M

Tom, I reset Photoshop's preferences one more time (command +option+shift while starting Photoshop), and I
stuck the Photoshop installation disk in (it reported that Photoshop was installed), and
somehow now Photoshop prints normally. Thanks again for your interest. I wish I knew more.:eek:

John

Tom Mann

Guru
That's wonderful news, John!

The last time I used a Mac seriously for graphics was (believe it or not), back in the late 1980's, so I am no expert with Macs, but what I was hoping to do was to determine that the problem was just with PS, and not with some other aspect of your system, and then let a Mac expert find this thread. Fortunately, you are obviously more than enough of an expert to have found it yourself.

Thanks for stopping back in and letting us know the outcome of your question.

Do stop by again!

Best regards,

Tom M