What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing Problems

lindaw

Power User
Ok I have an image created in pshop the following size:

2271 px by 1569 px at 300ppi or the inch equiv is:
7.57 wide and 5.23 high

This should fit on the card paper I purchased...wrong :(|

No matter how I set the print prefs pshop is cropping the file about 3/4 of an inch on the left and right side. I verified my page setup in pshop and it still wants to crop the file.

I made sure several times pshop and my Epson C82 both agreed on the width/height, port and landscape settings and my file is still cropped. The card paper is 8 1/2 x 11 folded in the middle and I need the file printed on 1/2 of the paper only, not in the middle or cropped.

Help... :(|

Linda; I don't know if it is the right thing to do but what I do in this type of situation is import the picture into a Word Document and print from there [confused]

I guess I will have to since nothing is working. No matter how I down size the pic it is too big. I made a tiff and tried to take it into pagemaker and the file is huge!!

Ok if in pshop the doc states it is 5 inches wide by 6 inches tall then one should assume that in printing this IS the size of the document?

Thanks for the help Rick. I think Word is my only option :(|

Hiya Linda,

Set the background colour to white.

Set the Canvas size to double the width, anchored at either the left or right hand side, depending on whether you want the image on the left or right when printed.

This will offset the printed image on the page.

Hold on, back in 5 mins. Picture speaks more. ;)

Al.

The card has a border and needs to print like a place card. I can't imagine you can't do this in pshop. I would think if my file is smaller than the width of the card it would not crop the card unless I am totally missunderstanding the size when it says 7.5 inches by 5. inches high in the image properties in photoshop.

Also when I do a view print size with the zoom tool it looks fine as well.

I will give your suggestion a shot. Will wait for your screen shot. Thanks again everyone for the help!!!

Ok it wasn't 5 minutes. ;)

Try these dimensions for an image required for inner right of the card.

Anchor the image to the right for an image to be printed for the cover.

(PM me if you want the Illustrator file, 188K zip file. I think it is too big to post as a download on the board)

Cheers Al.

Back