What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing.....

jarred89

Hello I have a Canon i250 Printer and would like to print my photos onto Kodak Glossy Photo Paper but it says on the packet only for injet printers and my printer is Bubblejet. So would i be able to use that paper??

Also i found some photo paper around the house but it is only for Hewlett Packard printers but i tried it in my Canon printer and when it comes out there is so blobs its hard to explain like there is dots with white around it is this because i am using the wrong paper?

Hope someone can help me with my questions thanks.

Welles

Guru
Hi jarred89,

The Kodak Glossy should work just fine. It's just an inkjet printer, after all.

As for the Hewlett Packard paper, exactly what was it produced for (laser print maybe) and how old was it? Have you had success printing on any other photo paper with this printer before?

Remember, you could also contact Canon support for info on their products.

Sark

Power User
I've owned a number of budget/mid priced printers and have always found compatible ink from a variety of suppliers to perform as well as the original. However, when it comes to paper, results can differ somewhat. Most Matte papers are fine, although some are slightly better than others in my opinion, but Glossy papers are much fussier.

It does seem that different manufacturers papers can produce different results. I've used non branded glossy paper with my i455 Canon bubble-jet and got the same pooling of ink you describe. Good quality paper from the major manufacturers should be fine with most decent printers, but it does seem that the bubble-jets are more vulnerable to issues caused by using other brands of glossy paper.

Sark

jarred89

So if i brought the Kodak paper will it be alright OR would i still get the blochy spot things??

Sark

Power User
I don't think anyone can answer that one. You should be, but why not just buy Canon and be sure. There can't be a big difference in price between Kodak and Canon glossy?

Papers are designed for there own printers inks and whilst many are inter compatible, glossy paper is the most vulnerable to being incompatible. Like I say, it makes far more sense just to go with Canons own paper unless you have a very cheap source of Kodak.

Sark

jimmymarsh

Banned
Printing is a process for reproducing text and image, typically with ink on paper using a printing plate printing press.The are generally made ​​from copper and can be achieved by digital etching or laser engraving.