What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Investigator

hershy314

Guru
Watching an episode of Ghost Adventurers After Shocks that I taped, I got this idea for private paranormal investigation place. I tried to make the door glass as transparent as I could but also give the illusion of privacy.

Paranormal Investigation.jpg

Smoke always helps in these type of settings, as does a pipe and a deerstalker hat:mrgreen:

I really like this image Andrew. The first one is better than the darker version.

In the darker version, the door frame and the door handle are missing and what is that strange board across the bottom?

Hmmm, its coming on really well but does it now look as if the door is free standing...away from the wall?

I think its the smoke thats doing it, it now looks, (albeit on a slope), that the smoke is a shiny floor with a reflection of the wall in it.....which gives the impression of depth.

Ok, maybe you have to squint and tilt your head to one side but doesn't it look like the door is detached from the wall?

Maybe some sort of shadow around the door frame would help 'cement' the door to the wall. Perhaps a little blur on the edges of the frame to help blend it to the background, just to take off that sharp transitional edge ya know?

Regards.
MrTom.

I also think the fog/smokey effect does not appear convincingly over the glass of the door. In fact, I would like to see it emphasized more in its entirelty.

It is a fun image and I like the idea.

I just yesterday went to San Diego's Old Town and there is an old building there, Whaley House, which is supposed to be full of ghosts, given its history as home, general store, theatre, courtroom, all at the same time that the family lived there and tried to maintain their finances. There were nearby hangings, deaths, and a suicide on the property. I think it is the only "museum" in Old Town that charges admission. Probably cbeause it's so popular.

BTW, I never felt any cold spots, vibrations, etc., while I was visitng, but it was the middle of the day, lol.

Hope you don't mind I tried an idea on your work....

Maybe you could go for a Film Noir Look? With slight spotlighting on the top 3/4 of the door.. something like this..... dunno if I got the effect right for an FNoir.... :cheesygrin:

I agree with the others... the door frame is bit high on contrast....

Attachments

• Paranormal Investigation dv_suggestion.jpg
    Paranormal Investigation dv_suggestion.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 13
I also think the fog/smokey effect does not appear convincingly over the glass of the door. In fact, I would like to see it emphasized more in its entirelty.

It is a fun image and I like the idea.

I just yesterday went to San Diego's Old Town and there is an old building there, Whaley House, which is supposed to be full of ghosts, given its history as home, general store, theatre, courtroom, all at the same time that the family lived there and tried to maintain their finances. There were nearby hangings, deaths, and a suicide on the property. I think it is the only "museum" in Old Town that charges admission. Probably cbeause it's so popular.

BTW, I never felt any cold spots, vibrations, etc., while I was visitng, but it was the middle of the day, lol.

Actually the Whaley house was built on the old gallos.

Very true Hershy. The hangings occurred before the home was built. Hard to understand why Thomas Whaley would build his home there (like building on top of an old graveyard) but people believe the hauntings include the spirits of those hanged there. Brrrrrr.

Andrew, every time you make something like this....it makes me want to make one as well!

I had to laugh the other day I ran across an image of a future jail cell window that I had made after the time you made yours! You must have some kind of control over me!

Andrew, every time you make something like this....it makes me want to make one as well!

I had to laugh the other day I ran across an image of a future jail cell window that I had made after the time you made yours! You must have some kind of control over me!

It's nice to inspire someone, doesn't happen often but yeah. Oh man the future jail cell, I remember that one. Think I still have the PSD for mine.

Back