What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

problem about color

skorn

hi
i just got this canvas and it's all in blue , so i want to turn in into red but i don't know how to change the color of the gradient
can you help me on that?
thanks

20210907_074050.jpgCapture.JPG

Hey.

Usually screenshots are really helpful, but in this case it's only confusing.

The layer is not a shape layer nor a smart object. It appears to be just a simple rectangle created with the Rectangle Marquis Tool. Then there's a mysterious transform box around the object with white "points" or "handles". Either this is the rectangle in free transform, or maybe the Move Tool with the "Show Transform Controls" selected. I thought it might be a Bounding Box used with the Type Tool. I'm not saying there's not a reason or something I'm missing, but I can't find any reference as to what type of control box this is where the "handle/points" are white in color unless this feature was changed in later versions. Anyone know?

Free Transform and Show Transform Controls active on the Move Tool = Clear
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.28.17 AM.png

Shape layer with "points/handles" selected = Red
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.30.50 AM.png

Pen Tool path = Red when selected.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.39.12 AM.png

Pen Tool = White when not selected
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.43.09 AM.png

None look like this......
20210907_074050.jpg

This is really not such a big deal. In Ps, there's always a purpose for why something appears the way it does! It just bothers me when I can't figure out reasons or purposes! Seems like I have seen this before................maybe we have already discussed this!!!

Ok, having that issue out of the way.
There are multiple ways to control the gradient color...............they are of course based on how they are made.
Based on your screenshot, a simple Hue & Saturation adjustment layer set to colorize and clipped to the gradient layer will do the trick.

Blue
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.51.50 AM.png

Then changed to red.
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.51.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 10.52.04 AM.png

yes thank you for your great answer
i had this answer on another forum , just ctrl u and tweak and i got this wonderful result (it's not exactly red but i think it'll do it )
mens.JPG

Great and you're welcome.

Cmd/Control + U is not a good solution as it's not editable. It brings up a one time use dialogue that can't be edited later on after you have been working........at least from it's original state (color). You would have to rely on backing up (Cmd/Cntrl + Z) in order to edit which would ruin any work done after the Cmd/Cntrl + U adjustment.

Using a H&S ADJUSTMENT layer clipped to the original object is easily editable at any time. (LAYER > NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER> HUE/SATURATION...)

ok i must did the easiest way , i was so happy to make it work this way
but i saved it a lot of time so i can go back to my original psd at any time
in the end the result is absolutely amazing
thanks again

Back