What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Crop Tool

johns

I have tried everything, but no results! I have Photoshop CS4 in my laptop and the cropping tool works just fine. When i installed it in my PC, I get 3 cropping tools instead of one,, and it's very difficult to crop a photo. I have tried the clear tab, and tool reset to no avail. Any ideas?

johns

I'm just a dumb photographer, and how do you get a screenshot? With my cell phone? I mainly use Photoshop for retouching and sizing up piz for printer. No fancy stuff. I'll have to get back to you!

polarwoc

Guru
Yes, buddy. Even a photograph with your mobile phone of the PS screen that shows three Crop tools may help in identifying the issue you are facing.

polarwoc

Guru
So, I will assume when you move the mouse, all three crop tool icons move. So, which of these is the actual tool that starts and stops cropping?
Please also confirm if you tried "Reset Tool" option.

Check out the Warning section of this link.

johns

johns

So, I will assume when you move the mouse, all three crop tool icons move. So, which of these is the actual tool that starts and stops cropping?
Please also confirm if you tried "Reset Tool" option.

Check out the Warning section of this link.

Yes I did, and John turned me on to a fix that worked. Thanks

thebestcpu

Guru
Your welcome and that was a strange one. One of those Photoshop/Windows bug that neither company wanted to fix once they had a workaround.
John Wheeler