What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with PNG Export

Azteca

hi guys,
I've got a collage image with a subject on it but when I export to png the subject is not there. Please help. Thank you for your patience.Clare.pngScreenshot 2023-01-20 at 20.43.41.png

HI @Azteca

From the second image (screenshot I assume), you are using transparency in part of your collage.
To have transparency included with PNG you need to have the option to include transparency checked off.
You did not mention which Save approach you took so if you need help finding the option please provide the specific Save approach you used (there are several ways in Photoshop)
John Wheeler

Hi,
thanks for your quick answer. I've tried everything I think. Save, save as a copy, export and to different formats png with transparency checked then unchecked..., jpeg, pdf. I opened the psd with flattened image in Illustrator. Subject disappear every time. :thinking::sneaky:

Hello. Can you upload your PSD file so we can give it a try? It seems to me that this is a layering issue or a blending mode problem that we can't see from the samples.Having the PSD file would really help us in helping you!!!

This entire lightened area in your second sample image is partially transparent and the transparency grid can be seen through the collage. This is not normal.
Screen Shot 2023-01-21 at 8.14.46 AM.png

Thank you IamSa. I solved the issue and it was indeed a layering problem and fortunately, the transparency grid doesn't show on the PNG. Thanks for your help.

Back